@Linna1029 - 5Qi

Q1. What were you like at school?

Answer: I changed at school quite a bit. When I was in middle school was when I had my rebellious phase I suppose you could say. I was considered goth. Basically, I wore pants from Hot Topic before it became a "hipster" store. In high school I was much like I am now in college I suppose. Falling more in the artsy side I was and still am in band. I have an interest in photography. The only thing that really changed was I started writing.

Q2. What genre are your books?

Answer: My typical genre is under paranormal/fantasy. I love the paranormal elements. I've dabbled a bit in sci-fi and horror, but I'm currently most comfortable in those other areas.

Q3. What draws you to this genre?

Answer: I think it's the limitless possibilities. There are so many different creatures to write about. Fae, werewolves, vampires, ghouls. You don't even have to stop at the known creatures, you can create your own. There's always something else waiting around the corner. All you have to do is write about it.

Q4. What are some of the references you use when researching for your books?

Answer: Google is my best friend when I'm doing any sort of research for a book. It doesn't matter if it's for a specific location, the best way to kill something, etc. I look it up on Google.

Q5. Why do you write?

Answer: I write to tell stories. I write to have those stories somewhere other than in my head. I write to have the opportunity to trap a reader and transport them somewhere else, to take them away from their current life and situation, and let them live in another one. One with excitement and danger. One where they can escape their problems if even for a moment. I always had these ideas, but I'd never gotten very far in writing them. Maybe three or four Word pages. Then it would end. I had no idea how to end a chapter so I grew frustrated and stopped writing. I'd been thinking of a new idea just over a year ago, and my friend introduced me to Wattpad. I found it to be a place where I could share the ideas in my head and get feedback on them as well.

........................................

#5Qi - August 11th, 2015