Chapter 12 - Save Me Tonight

Chapter 12

Save me tonight

It was nearly dark. I’m on my outfit for tonight. It was a white bustier in a black skirt printed with little cross on it matching it with leather jacket and a pair of booties. Niall said he was busy so I got no one to hang out before the competition starts. I was walking down the hall, it was dark, the only source of light was the light of the moon passing through the windows. Seems everybody’s on the school ground now and waiting for the show to start. I just spun around looking for a perfect place to have my vocalization. And there’s the gym again. I was about to open the door when my gaze made its way through the small glass window of the door and I noticed two people inside standing so close to each other.

“What...” I gasped. I raised my hand to cover my mouth not wanting them to hear me. I placed my one hand to my chest trying to cover my beating heart as I took in the scene in front of me.  I stumbled when I took a step back. I stood straight and tried to run when I bumped into someone’s chest. I looked up and saw Zayn.

Zayn’s POV

I was on my way to the gym. It’s the only place here where I could scream my heart out. I was walking down the hall way when I saw a girl standing outside the gym. It was dark but I recognized her, it was Hannah; she looked pale, I don’t know what she saw but I think it was so surprising that she stumble when she stepped back. She tried to run but she bumped into me. When she looked up I saw tears streaming down her face.

“What happened?” She pushed me off of her. She started running and so did I. I don’t even know why we’re running that time. When I finally catch up to her, I grabbed her forearm and pulled her inside a room. I closed the door behind me finding out we were inside the library. I can tell that she was so helpless that time. She dropped her face onto her hands as she plunked down the floor.

“What happened?” I asked her again

“Niall…” she was sobbing “I saw him..”

“Saw him what?” my muscles are getting tensed

“I saw him kissing other girl!” my hands clenched shut when she burst out crying. I don’t know what to do. I don’t want to see her like that! All I want is to hit Niall on his face over and over again. They only become a couple for just 2weeks now. How can he do that to her? She’s the most amazing girl I’ve ever met! How can that jerk cheat on her! I should’ve known. “I don’t want to sing there tonight.” She said tears slipping down her cheeks. I held her up and rubbed my thumbs across her face. I don’t know a better way to make her feel better so I just turned my back at her and started singing

(I would)

“You shouldn’t be crying. You’re too beautiful too cry.” I said staring straight to her eyes. “Know your worth.” I hugged her tight, that’s the only way I know to make her feel better.

“Thank you” she said as we parted from the hug.

“You’ll sing tonight, alright?”

“No, I don’t think I can. The song was supposed to be for him. But…”

“You will sing!” I exclaimed. My muscles get tense when I heard her say that it was for Niall. That jerk!

Hannah’s POV

Zayn started singing. It was the most beautiful voice I’ve heard. I felt my heart melting instead of breaking. I want to smile but tears keep streaming down.

“You shouldn’t be crying. You’re too beautiful too cry. Know your worth.” He pulled me into a tight hug. This is the Zayn I knew. The Zayn others don’t know about. This was the real him.