Chapter 9 - SIng with Us

CHAPTER 9

Sing with us

Hannah’s POV

It’s been 3 weeks since the school started. I was so busy at school and tutoring Katy every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. So far everything was turning out good; well I expected that it wouldn’t because of that slut that made my first day suck. Thanks to the lucky charm Katy gave me I guess. The ties between the band, me and Allie were good except that Zayn seldom hang out with us. And Niall was already courting me for about a week now. I didn’t let him to but he insisted and to be honest so far so good. I like him much more now but I can’t deny the fact that I’m missing Zayn and I wish he was the one courting me. After that 35mins in heaven he never went to my apartment not even once, I don’t know, it seems like my life suddenly became plain boring when he’s not around, good thing I got Niall and the others.

I wore a blue top and striped black and white skinny jean and matched it with black pumps. Niall said he likes seeing me dressed like that. I was on my way to my first subject when the bulletin board catches my attention.

“One Direction presents SING WITH US. Sign Up now for the audition.” Reading it aloud. Why didn’t I know about this? I saw Allie and other names on the list, since my best friend will audition; I decided to sign up too. The audition will be held at the school gym, 3pm today. Guess I don’t have time to practice anymore.

“Hey guys! Good morning!” I waved at them and sat on my chair.

“Hey Hun! They organized a singing competition today! It’ll be held at the gym at 3pm! And guess what? I signed up” Allie clapped her hands in excitement.

“Why am I not surprised?” I chuckled.

“You should watch!” Niall tap my back and I nodded. I let my gaze drift behind him and I saw Zayn looking at me. I just awkwardly turned my head and talk to Allie again.

The school bell rang and class was over. We all headed to the gym. We helped the boys to arrange the venue. Zayn was there and he wasn’t talking to me at all even if were just 3 feet away from each other. I don’t know what’s wrong with him but I didn’t bother to ask cause I know I didn’t do anything. Besides, Allie said that he’s always like that so I guess that just normal. I saw Niall sprinting towards us holding all the audition papers. I was waiting for him to ask if I was the Hannah who signed up for the audition, but he didn’t. I guess it’ll be a surprise now.

“Niall! Can I borrow your guitar?” I asked him when he sat on the judges’ desk next to Liam. The band and the school director will be the one to judge in the screening. The program started exactly 3pm. After a few people have already shown their talent, it was already Allie’s turn.

“Go! Allie!” I cheered. She smiled at me and the music started playing (1901 by Birdy)

Counting all different ideas drifting away

Past and present -- they don't matter.

Now the future's sorted out

Watch, you're moving in elliptical pattern

Think it's not what you say

What you say is way too complicated

For a minute thought I couldn't tell how to fall out.

It's 20 seconds 'til the last call, you're going "hey hey hey hey hey hey"

Lie down, you know it's easy like we did it over summer long