Chapter Twenty-Six: Healed but Worse

"I don't know!" Morro said. By now the others had entered the room and were looking worried and almost sick.

"Gah!" Lloyd yelled in pain.

"Lloyd!" Misako ran to his bedside but Aira pulled her back.

Lloyd sat up and clutched his head. He began to shake uncontrollably. Garmadon tried to hurry to him but Lloyd lifted a hand telling him to stay away.

"Lloyd!" Aira gasped. "Your turning so pale."

"Great Devourer Venom!" Lloyd practically screamed.

"Oh please," Garmadon whispered in horror. "Not that!"

"You mean Lloyd is turning like you were?" Jay asked horrified.

"Everyone out!" Aira yelled. She shoved everyone, except for Garmadon and Misako, out.

"What's going to happen to me," Lloyd asked still shaking.

"Have Zane and Morro come in here," Garmadon commanded.

Aira summoned them inside and Morro gave the list of ingredients to Zane. Zane analyzed the tea and said it was the same tea but with the venom infused.

"He will get better," Zane said. "But now we have another problem."

"But he wasn't bitten like I was," Garmadon said. "There has to be a way to get it out of him."

"Don't worry," Zane said. "Pixal has analyzed Lloyd and has found that he will not be this way permanently. It will go away in time. However, we cannot say when."

Lloyd had finally stopped shaking and Aira was rubbing his back. Her dad gave her a funny look but she ignored him.

"Are you saying I'm only going to be evil for a little while," Lloyd said horsely.

"You won't be evil," Garmadon said. "I believe Zane is saying that it won't affect you in the same way. If you had been bitten it would be different. Because you drank it, your body will fight the toxin. You will be much like I was when I was your age."

"So semi-evil," Lloyd said angrily, "Brilliant! That makes me feel a whole lot better! Why don't I go unleash some more Serpentine while I'm at it!"

"Lloyd, your stress levels are rising," Zane said. "You need to calm down."

"Calm down! You want me to calm down!"

"Lloyd!" Aira shouted. He looked at her and shook his head.

"I'm sorry," he said. "I don't know- oh, I know what got into me."

"Does the venom normally take affect this quickly?" Misako asked.

"Yes, unfortunately," Garmadon said shaking his head.

"Can everyone just leave me alone!" Lloyd growled. "Besides Aira, she can stay."

Morro looked at Aira and gave her a 'what are you not telling me' look. She just voided his gaze.

"But-" Misako began.

"Please," Lloyd pleaded. "I need a moment."

Misako was about to protest again but Garmadon put a hand on her shoulder and motioned for her to leave. Garmadon followed. Morro hesitated a second and then left as well.

"Aira, what am I going to do!"

"I don't know but whatever you do," Aira said taking his hand. "We are going to do together."

"But what if this venom pushes you away," Lloyd said. Aira almost imagined he was holding back tears.

"Nothing is going to push me away," she promised. "I mean look at your parents! They are still together!"

"Actually I'm not so sure about that," Lloyd said shaking his head. "I can't tell if my mom loves my dad or my uncle."

"If she didn't love your dad, do you think she would have stuck with him all these years?"

"I don't know," Lloyd said. "At least I feel better somewhat now."

"Is your fever gone?"

"I'm not sure," he said.

"Here let me check," she said. He pulled her hand down and set her on his lap.

"Are you ever not going to fall for that?" He smirked.

"Okay, I think you are feeling better," she said smirking.

"Better watch out," he winked. "I think I'm about to start being naughtier too."

"Oh no you don't," she laughed. He laughed but then his smile faded.

"Don't worry, Lloyd," Aira soothed. "Zane said this won't last forever. Also, you are the most amazing, good hearted, selfless person, I know. And the venom may test that but it won't change it."

"You're right," he smiled. "We will have some new trials but hopefully this won't last long enough to make them too big."

"Way to be positive!" Aira laughed and then kissed him. He kissed her back deeply.

"Aw! That's so cute!"

"Jay!" They both yelled at the same time. Aira took her shoe off and threw it at him.

"What I just never expected my little buddy to get a girl!" Jay yelled while running out of the room.

"And he has a girl to stay," Aira said again. "Staying even in your time of trouble."

"I'll hold you to that," Lloyd said smiling. "Because I don't know how rough the road may be ahead."

"Nothing is to rough for us," Aira laughed. "I'll always be here."

Annnndd that's a wrap! My next book is entitled: Staying in Times of Trouble! Will Lloyd be able to fight the Great Devourer Venom?? Will Aira keep her promise?? What's gonna happen!!!!! Aaaahhhh! Out wait, why am I freaking out? I know what's going to happen. You all however.......will find out soon enough! Hope you enjoyed my book! My first update of my next one will be published today so be on the look out for it! -LL_17