Chapter Three A Chase

*Two weeks later*

"Mama," Aira said quietly. "It's time for your medicine."

Her mother slowly opened her eyes and looked towards her.

"How much is left?"

"Just one more dose; but I'm gonna go out and buy more tonight," Aira lied.

You mean steal more, she thought to herself.

"Can we afford it?"

"Yes, it's not as expensive as it used to be," Aira said holding back her nervousness. Oh, if her mom ever found out about her thievery. She would be heartbroken.

"Alright, dear," her mother said before drifting back to sleep.

Aira exited the room and grabbed her black sweater. The more black she wore the harder she would be to see. She lifted the hood and headed out into the gloom.

***********************************

"Guys!" Nya shouted.

"What is it, sis?" Kai asked.

"We have movement near the New Ninjago Pharmacy," she explained.

"Alrighty," Jay whooped. Everyone glared at him. "What? I've been bored ok!"

"Lloyd, Jay, and Kai," Sensei Wu said, "you three go check it out. The others will remain here. Call for back up if you need it."

"Why does Lloyd get to go every time!" Cole said in a miffed tone.

"Because he is the leader," Zane explained.

"So?!" Cole grumbled walking into the kitchen. Not via the door mind you but the wall.

"I'm still getting used to the fact that he could sneak into my room without my knowledge," Kai said shivering.

"Why? What do you do in your room that you don't want people to see?" Lloyd smirked.

"Well, we know it's not kissing pillows because that is Jay's forte," Zane laughed.

"Hey hey hey," Jay snapped. "Kissing pillows is an art."

"Ew," Lloyd said sticking his tongue out.

"Your just jealous because you have never kissed a girl before," Jay accused.

"How did we go from pillows to girls?" Lloyd asked as he flew off on his dragon.

"That is a legit question, Jay," Kai quipped before taking off on his dragon.

***********************************

Lloyd was well ahead of Kai and Jay. He de-materialized his dragon and landed softly onto a nearby roof. He slipped his mouth cover up and ran towards the pharmacy. He sat on the roof and scanned his surroundings for any movement. A flicker of darkness caught his eye to the right. He flipped to a better vantage point and watched as a dark figure slipped out of a second floor window. The thief dropped to the ground and rolled so as to not injure herself. The thief must have felt like she was off the hook because she relaxed.

"How is breaking into a pharmacy a feat of theft," Lloyd said dropping to the ground behind her.

Aira stiffened at the sound. She slowly turned and her eyes widened. Oh crap, the green ninja. She knew using her powers last time was a mistake.

"Look I don't want any trouble," she said backing away. "I just need to get this medicine to-"

"You started trouble the first time you broke into that shop," Lloyd said pointedly.

Aira decided she needed to run. This killed her because she didn't want to be bad; but she knew she was because the ends do not justify the means.

Aira turned and sprinted as fast as she could in the opposite direction. If ever there was a time to use her power it was now. She could hear the green ninja's footsteps behind her. She jumped and reached within herself. A gust of wind came up under her and lifted her to the rooftop. She smirked and began to run again only to see a green sphere flying towards her. She gapped as Lloyd landed in front of her.

How did he do that! She thought frantically.

"A master of wind are we?" Lloyd said crouching. He obviously was expecting more of a fight than she was putting up.

"Just let me go," Aira pleaded. She began to panic and she could feel the wind speed growing.

Lloyd looked at her curiously. She obviously wasn't Morro. He wouldn't hide his identity like this. Besides he was dead. Well he was dead before but know he was double dead if you think about it. So who was she? She seemed genuinely scared. Like she didn't know what she was doing.

"Look I don't want to hurt you," Lloyd said. "So just come with me without a fight."

Aira felt her resolve harden, "I can't do that."

She then did something that was probably the stupidest thing she had ever done. She used her power on the green ninja! She didn't know anything about fighting or even using her power. Yet she she had just sent a wind gust towards the most powerful being in Ninjago and it could be argued the sixteen realms.

Lloyd dodged it easily and jumped towards her. She and the medicine bag went flying. He pinned her to the roof with his knee and pulled her hood down. He blinked. So it really was a woman.

Aira frantically reached for anything within her grasp. She felt a piece of mettle and she grabbed it. Before Lloyd could realize what happened she swung it hard against the side of his head.

"Gah!" He yelped and clutched at his eye.

Aira kicked at him and scrambled away. Lloyd stood up and glared at her. Blood was gushing from a large cut right above his eye.

Aira clapped a hand over her mouth. "I-I'm-"

She didn't finish but ran away again. Lloyd was about to follow but Kai and Jay chose that moment to show up.

"Lloyd, what happened?!" Jay shouted gaping at the blood.

"Move!" Lloyd yelled and ran the way that the girl had fled.

He looked this way and that but caught no sight of her. He clutched his forehead and tried to keep his balance. She had smacked him hard. He hadn't been this dizzy in a long time.

"Lloyd, your forehead!" Kai said jumping down.

"I've suffered worse," Lloyd grumbled. "I almost had her!"

"So it's not Morro?" Jay asked hopefully.

"No, I don't think so," Lloyd answered. "But now the question is: who is she?"

Next: Chapter Four: An Unexpected Job Offer