Chapter Thirteen: A Summoning

"Alita, we have all the artifacts," Amaya said gleefully. "Now what exactly are we doing with them?"

"There are three artifacts of Eyal," Alita explained. "Eyal means strength. Each gives the user a minimal amount of extra strength but when put together-"

"They become impossibly strong," Amaya finished.

"Exactly," Alita said. "But it's strength for something you may not have expected."

"What?"

"They bring back the dead by infusing the body with their strength," Amaya explained.

"Wait! Who are we bringing back?"

"The only one who has challenged the green ninja," Alita smirked.

"Morro."

***********************************

"Left! Spin to the right! And back again," Cole shouted. He was showing Aira several basic defense moves.

"Now attack," Zane called out. Aira jumped and brought her elbow down against the nindroid. After the second defeat of the Overlord, they had taken the bodies of the nindroids to use in training.

Aira flipped back and kicked it in the face on the way. From the corner of her eye she saw Lloyd walk in. Immediately she lost focus. The nindroid brought it's fist up into her jaw. She yelped and skidded to the side. She felt her anger rise. She side flipped into him and then immediately after brought her fist down into his chest destroying his control panel.

"Wow, Aira, what happened there?" Cole asked. "You had him. Why did you let him punch you?"

"I-er."

"You need to stay focused," Zane said plainly.

"Ya, I'll work on it," she shrugged.

She was completely embarrassed. She had gotten completely distracted just by Lloyd's presence. Okay, she thought to herself, so he is super hot, selfless, kind, etc. I think I'm falling for him.

"Aira!"

"Hmm," she said snapping out of it.

"You are not focused again," Zane said. "Do you need to take a break?"

She looked over and saw that Lloyd was still in the room, "Uh- maybe."

"Okay," Cole said. "Fifteen minute cake break! Hey! That rhymed!"

"Actually that-" Zane began.

"Shut up, icebox," Cole said walking in the general direction of the kitchen.

"Are you okay?" Lloyd asked raising an eyebrow at her.

"Uh- ya," she said shrugging. She had been training for about three days now. Her fighting was going well. She was a natural but she still had trouble controlling her power.

"Are you sure?"

"No," she said rubbing her arm. "I still haven't brought myself to open that package. I'm almost frightened."

Lloyd looked at her and ached for her. He ached for her because he had gone through what she was going through.

"I have an idea," Lloyd said smiling.

"What?"

"You need a break," Lloyd said. "We should all go out tonight! Also because it's Cole's turn to cook."

"Is his cooking really that bad?"

"He has given us all food poisoning more than once," Lloyd said shuddering.

"I'll take your word for it," she said laughing. "But I want to stop by Doomsday Comix! The new issue of Miss Magnificent just came out!"

"I would read Fritz Donnigan over her any day," Lloyd said.

"You read comics," she said clapping her hands.

"Are you kidding?" Jay said walking by. "He is the king."

"The green ninja likes comics?"

"He's loved them ever since he was a kid," Jay said.

"Hey, can we talk about this later," Lloyd said nervously. Aira raised an eyebrow. Why didn't Lloyd like talking about his childhood?

***********************************

"Poor, Morro," Alita said sarcastically. They had been able to retrieve his body from the caves.

"His ghost was destroyed," Amaya said. "How are we gonna bring him back?"

"Ghosts are never completely destroyed," Alita answered. "Now hand me the objects."

Amaya went over to a chest at the other end of the room. She couldn't really see because they were underground. She carefully lifted the blade, the cup, and the necklace of Eyal from the chest. Alita had placed Morro's body on a table in the center of the room. Alita began to draw three straight lines in the dirt put from the table.

"When did you learn so much about dark magic?" Amaya asked carefully.

"From a good friend of mine," Alita said evading the question.

Alita drew circles at the end of each line and held out her arms for the objects. Amaya handed then to her and she placed one object in each circle.

"The friend that screwed you and then dumped you?" Amaya asked viciously.

"He didn't dump me!" Alita practically screamed. "He was cursed by those ninja!"

"Ah," Amaya said smugly. "So that's why you hate them."

"Shut up," Alita growled. "Get ready. We have a guest coming."

"Who?"

"Morro, you idiot!"

"Oh, right," Amaya giggled.

Alita began to circle the table mumbling under her breath. Amaya was actually starting to get freaked out.

"Zaccoro!" Alita shouted the last word. A green smoke began to rise from the three objects. It swirled to the center and around the corpse. It began to glow. Amaya had to shield her eyes. The light grew brighter and brighter till all of a sudden it disappeared. Amaya blinked at the sudden darkness.

"Alita?"

No response.

"Alita, are you okay," she asked worriedly.

"I'm right here," Alita responded.

Amaya's eyes adjusted and she walked over to her sister. She looked at the corpse on the table and realized that it was no longer just bones. It was a man and he was breathing.

"It will take a few days for him to regain his strength but then we can put our plan into motion," Alita said softly. Amaya just nodded dumbly and continued to gape at the now alive Morro.

Next: Chapter Fourteen: The Book