Chapter Twenty-Four: Poison

Lloyd opened his eyes. He felt a throbbing pain in his side. He tried to sit up.

"Lay back, Tiger," He heard Aira soothe.

"You don't have to tell me twice," he winced.

"On a scale of one to ten: how would you rate your pain?"

"What are we Baymax now," Lloyd laughed and then gasped in pain. "Okay, maybe don't make me laugh."

"Sorry," Aira said pushing some hair back from his face.

"Don't worry, Aira, I'm fine."

"But you aren't," Aira said quietly.

"But I will be," he smiled.

"Promise," she said sticking out a pinky.

"Promise," he said giving her pinky a shake with his.

"I'm holding you to that," she said smiling.

"I wouldn't expect you not to," Lloyd said reaching a hand up and running his thumb along her cheekbone.

"Lloyd, I-"

"Love you," he finished for her.

"Hey," she teased, "you beat me to it! But ya know what?"

"What?" He smirked.

"I love you more!"

"And I love you most," Lloyd said trying not to laugh.

"Is mostest a word?" She asked playfully. "Because if so I love you mostest."

"No, it's not a word," Lloyd smiled.

Aira laughed and then stopped short when a loud thud sounded above them.

"Um," she said, "what was that?"

"Who is here?"

"Your dad, me, your mom, Kai, and Skylor," she shrugged.

"That's Kai's room above us."

"I don't want to know what's going on," Aira said making a gagging face.

Lloyd made a disgusted face. Aira smirked and gently stood over him. She kissed him carefully. He smiled and held her close so she couldn't pull away.

**********************************
*two weeks later*

Lloyd had been able to start moving around about a week ago. Everyone thought he seemed perfectly fine but something seemed off to Aira. They had suffered a few more attacks but nothing as severe as last time. But they were also more aware of their strategy so it was easier to stay together.

Lloyd had been dismissed from attending most of the missions but he still went on one or two of the minor ones. Aira didn't like it but he just said he was fine. Finally one day Aira decided that he was not well and she was going to find out how unwell he was.

"Lloyd?"

"Hmm," Lloyd was sitting on his bed reading comics.

They had been able to finish the add on for Aira and now Skylor. So Lloyd had his room back.

"Are you feeling okay?"

"I'm fine. Why do you keep asking?"

Aira came in and shut the door, "because you look pale. Your spinjitzu has been off, you haven't been eating, and you've seemed distant."

"I suppose so but I don't feel sick," Lloyd said shrugging. "I just feel more tired than usual."

"Let me feel your forehead," Aira said tapping her foot.

"Yes, mom," Lloyd smirked.

Aira stepped over but instead of letting her feel his forehead he grabbed her hand and knocked her onto the bed.

"Hey," she yelped.

He laughed, placed himself on top of her, and kissed her firmly on the mouth. She laughed and tried to pull away but she had her pinned. He tried to force his tongue into her mouth but she denied him entry. He pinched her side and she yelped. He stuck his tongue inside and began to explore freely. Finally he pulled back leaving her gasping for air.

"Where did you learn that?" Aira laughed.

"You would be surprised at the conversations that the guys have," he smirked.

"Mind showing me that again," she said innocently.

He smirked and got more on top of her. They were just in the middle of their second make out session when Lloyd's door slid open. Aira gasped and she accidentally bit Lloyd's tongue.

"Ow!" He yelped.

"Um, son?"

"Dad!?" Lloyd shouted as red as a cherry tomato. "Knock!"

"Maybe it's a good thing I interrupted," Garmadon coughed and then frowned.

Aira hid her face when she realized what he was implying. Lloyd looked at his dad angrily.

"Dad, can I talk to you outside please?"

Lloyd pushed past his dad and walked downstairs. Garmadon followed. Aira opened the window to hear what they were saying.

"Dad! Seriously!"

"Son, how serious is your relationship with Aira getting?"

"I believe that's my business," Lloyd said angrily.

"I'm just looking out for you, Lloyd," Garmadon said calmly.

"I think I'm old enough to-" Lloyd stopped mid-sentence and clutched at his side.

"Lloyd?" Garmadon asked worriedly.

Aira rushed out of Lloyd's room and down the stairs. She ran out the front door and over to Lloyd and Garmadon.

"Lloyd! I told you you weren't well," she said frantically.

"Help me get him inside," Garmadon commanded.

Aira place one of Lloyd's arms around her neck and Garmadon did the same with his other arm. Lloyd tried to put more of his weight on his dad.

"Wu!" Garmadon shouted.

"What happened!"

"I knew Lloyd wasn't well!" Aira shouted.

"Take him upstairs," Wu commanded. "Zane, come take Aira's place. Aira you stay down here."

"But-"

"Stay," Wu commanded.

Aira grumbled and took to pacing the living room. All the other ninja gathered in it to await news on Lloyd. Eventually Garmadon came down and waited too.

"What caused the sudden lapse into illness?" Zane asked.

"I don't know," Aira said pacing.

"Aira, dear, sit down before you make yourself sick from worry," Misako said in a motherly tone.

"I-"

"Sit," Garmadon commanded.

Aira did so and ended up taping her foot. They waited for what seemed like forever. Finally, Wu made an appearance.

"What's wrong!" Aira asked springing from her seat.

"Poison," Wu said worriedly. "And I'm not sure how to cure it."

Next: Chapter Twenty-Five: The Road to Recovery

A/n- Poison?! Dunn Dunn dunnnnnn!!! Will he fully recover?? So many questions?? Hope you enjoyed! -LL_17