Chapter Eighteen: Reunion

A/n- well, I have connection now. I sprained my ankle really bad so we ended up going to a hotel. Talk about spoiling a camping trip. Well, it's good for you guys because this means.......UPDATES!!! Enjoy! -LL_17

Morro came hurtling through the portal. He landed hard on his back knocking the wind out of him. He gasped and sat up. He was in the cursed realm. He shivered. He hated this place. He slowly stood up and checked for any injury. When he was satisfied that there was none, he sprinted past cages of other trapped beings. He knew where he was going.

**********************************

Aira jumped off of Lloyd's dragon and waited for him. He landed next to her and the dragon evaporated.

"When am I gonna learn how to do that?" She asked.

"You already have," he said winking.

"Very helpful," she said sarcastically.

The others all landed soon after. Lloyd was already talking to the museum director. They all walked up in time to hear his explanation.

"The book was a new exhibit," he was saying. "We uncovered it in the remains of a fire. It was if someone tried to burn it."

"Wait," Jay said. "Was that the book we burned?"

"It would appear so," Zane said. "But it was burned. We saw it disintegrate into ash."

"There must have been some type of protection spell on it," Nya said.

"But what could anyone use it for?" Cole asked.

"I don't know if we want to find out," Kai said.

**********************************

Morro ran towards the slumped figure. He was wearing Lloyd's green sweater and his jeans.

"Sensei Garmadon!" Morro said patting his face to wake him. "Come we must hurry."

"What?" He asked opening his eyes. "Who are you?"

"No time," Morro said pulling at the chains. "She is coming! We must get you out of here before she finds me!"

"It's no use the chains are unbreakable," Garmadon said dejectedly.

"The preeminent's strength is gone," Morro said snapping the chains. "So you can go free."

Garmadon's eyes widened. He stood up and rubbed his wrists. Morro grabbed his arm and pulled him forward. They began to run. Morro led him through the giant maze. He knew this place by heart.

They were almost to the portal when they stopped short. In front if them was Amaya.

"My sister is busy keeping the portal open," she said. "So she sent me to finish you."

"Stand back, Weather Master," Morro hissed. "For the weather is changed by the wind!"

With that Morro sent a wind gust towards her. She blocked it and raced forward. He jumped to the side and kicked around at her face. She screeched and hissed at him. Garmadon took his chance to join. He tackled her and punched her jaw. Morro was about to knock her out but he was hit from behind.

"You wouldn't want to hurt my girlfriend's sister would you?"

"Clouse!" Garmadon said angrily.

"Don't forget Master Chen!" Said a high pitched and childish voice.

"We need to get out of here now," Morro said.

"We can't let them escape," Garmadon said.

"They will escape either way," Morro hissed. "We need to get to the ninja and warn them."

Garmadon thought for a moment and then nodded. Morro blasted through the three of them using his wind. Garmadon followed. Morro ran towards the portal and jumped. He landed squarely on top of Alita.

"Hey, sweetie," he said sarcastically. "Mind showing us the way out."

She screamed and he jumped off.

"I guess she doesn't," Garmadon said. "This way. I know these caves."

*********************************

"Cole," Aira said sticking her head into his room. "Have you seen Lloyd?"

"No?" He said weirdly.

"Cole, what are you acting all weird about?"

"Nope! Nothing! Nope!"

"Cole," she said warningly.

"I'm not asking," he said more to himself. Aira rolled her eyes and shut the door.

"What can I do for you, Aira?" Zane asked from his room.

"I'm looking for Lloyd," she shrugged.

"I have not seen him for quite some time," he said shrugging. "Sorry."

"It's fine," she shrugged and walked downstairs.

Oh! She face palmed. She knew where he was. The problem was getting there.

"Jay!" She yelled.

"What?"

"Can you show me how to call up my elemental dragon?" She asked excitedly.

"Um- isn't that Lloyd's job?" Jay asked. He stuffed a piece of cake in his mouth.

"Lloyd isn't here," she said crossing her arms. "For gosh sakes, Jay, your gonna choke on that big of a bite."

"Whatever," he said with his mouth still full of cake. "C'mon."

Aira followed him outside and after he finished chewing he told her the story of how they discovered their dragons.

"Just calm your mind," Jay said. Aira tried and couldn't.

"Ugh! I'm sorry, Jay," she said throwing up her hands. "I can't."

"No, your just convinced that you can't," Jay said folding his arms.

Aira realized that he was right. As soon as she did her dragon appeared. "Jay! I did it! It's purple! I love purple! Oh my gosh!"

"You're yelling more than me," Jay laughed. "But you don't know how to fly it yet so just wait till Lloyd gets back."

"Awww," she pouted. She was about to say more when she saw two lone figures in the distance. One of them was limping and the other was helping him walk. "Jay, get Misako out here with a first aid kit now!"

Jay nodded and ran into the monastery shouting, "Sensei Wu! Misako!"

Aira rushed over to the two figures and stopped short. One of then looked just like Lloyd except with grey hair! She decided to go on her hunch.

"Sensei Garmadon?" She asked the standing figure.

"Yes," he said calmly. "Who are you?"

She didn't answer because she had now gotten a good look at the limping man. He had shoulder length brown hair. With a green streak dyed into it.

"M-Morro," she stammered.

"It's alright," Garmadon said mistaking her stutter.

She just stared at him. Just then Lloyd came back. He gaped at the sight.

"Dad!" He yelled running to him. He threw his arms around him. Aira smiled at the sight. "But you died!"

"No," Morro said struggling to stand. "The realm itself wasn't destroyed."

"Morro! You-you-" Lloyd stuttered.

"Spit it out," Morro growled.

"The artifacts," Aira said practically in a daze.

"Who are you?" Morro asked. "You remind me of someone but I can't place my finger on it."

Lloyd looked at her and then back to the others. "We will discuss it later. Right now you need medical attention. Then you can tell us what happened."

Next: Chapter Nineteen: A Reunion and Introduction