Chapter Eleven: Friendship

A/n- hey I hope your enjoying! If so please vote and comment. I'm going to be camping for the next four days so I may not be able to update. Enjoy the next chapter! -LL_17

*beep beep beep beep bee-*

Aira slammed the stop button on Lloyd's alarm clock. He must be a heavy sleeper because he had the most annoying alarm. She stood up and tried not to cry. It had only been two days since her mother's death but she was determined to become strong no matter how hard it was. Instead of sleeping and having a pity party, she was going to train and be strong for her mom.

Aira decided to get dressed. She picked up her bag and dumped the contents onto the bed. Zane and Cole had gotten her some of her things from home. Aira felt like she couldn't go back yet. The memory was still too painful.

She surveyed what they had grabbed. Okay so they were guys. They didn't know exactly what to grab. She didn't have a lot of clothes anyway but this was ridiculous. Aira slipped on a pair of her sweat pants but there really wasn't a good shirt to wear.

Eh, she thought to herself. Lloyd probably wouldn't mind if I borrowed one of his t-shirts.

She opened his closet and instantly knew why Kai had groaned.

"Hidden candy stash," she laughed to herself. "Not a very good hiding place, Lloyd."

"Figures all the clothes in your closet are green," she muttered and grabbed one of his t-shirts. She pulled up her hair and went to figure out which room was Kai's.

***********************************

Aira had just stood in the hall for five minutes. She wasn't sure how to find the room. She didn't exactly want to just open doors and see. That could be dangerous.

Oh! She mentally slapped herself. They all had their symbols on the outside of their doors. The fire symbol door was at the end of the hall. She tiptoed trying not to wake anyone up and slid the door open.

Kai was sleeping on a bed in the left corner and Lloyd was lying on a makeshift bed on the floor. She felt guilty that she had kicked him out of his room. She hadn't realized that he wasn't going to have a bed.

"Lloyd," she whispered from the door. When he didn't respond she walked over to him, kelt down, and shook him slightly. "Lloyd, wake up."

"Hmmm," he groaned half asleep.

"Lloyd, geez," she said. "Now I know why you have such an annoying alarm clock."

"It has to be annoying otherwise I don't get up," he said keeping his eyes shut.

"Are you calling me annoying?" She teased.

"That depends on how early it is," he yawned.

"It's like seven."

"Wait really?" He asked sitting up. "I haven't slept that late in a long time."

"Why? Don't tell me you're a morning person," she said.

"No, I'm definitely not a morning person," Lloyd said. "I just- oh nevermind. What do you need?"

"I'm ready to start training," she said sitting Indian-style on the floor.

Lloyd raised and eyebrow causing his scar to move too. Aira had the sudden urge to reach out and touch it. She hadn't meant to hit him so hard as to give him a scare. She was snapped back into reality by Lloyd's voice. "Aira, maybe you should take it easy for a few days."

"Actually, training would probably help take my mind off- my mom," she said looking down at her knees. She began to nervously twist her hair. She had a habit of doing that, as well as biting her lip.