Chapter Five: The Rising Storm

"These ninja are driving me crazy!"

"Patience, little sister," said a raspy female voice.

"I've been waiting!"

"We must put our plan into action at the right time," she explained.

"What are we trying to get again?"

"The realm crystal, you fool," the witch like woman roared.

"Don't yell at me," the sister responded. "I still don't understand why you want it."

"To find something," she responded.

"You could at least tell me what your trying to find."

"All in good time."

"I don't like waiting."

"You are impossible! I should've inherited Father's powers! I would use them wisely!"

"Hey hey hey," the younger sister shouted. "Watch it."

The older sister pinched the bridge of her nose. "We need to cause a weakness in the ninja's rank. Can you at least do that?"

"I'm the master of weather. Not the master of weakness. Of course I can!"

"Not so loud, Amaya."

"Your such a-" Amaya stopped at her sister's angry glare.

"Go!"

"Geez, Alita," Amaya whined while exiting. "You don't have to be so mean."

Alita rolled her eyes and turned back to her work.

***********************************

Aira nervously walked towards The Four Winds Tea Shop. She still wasn't sure how this worked out but she was ready to start making an honest living.

"Good morning, Aira."

Aira jumped at the sudden greeting. "Mister Wu."

"I suppose your wondering how I know your name?"

"That did come to mind," Aira shrugged. "I'm also wondering why you randomly hired me without even asking my name."

"I didn't need to," Wu said, "I already knew it."

Aira was flabbergasted. "That's kind of creepy."

"Are you ready to get to work?" He asked ignoring her comment.

"Yes," Aira said enthusiastically. No matter how weirdly this job came about; she needed it and she was grateful.

She followed Wu into a spacious store front room. She was surprised at the size of the building. Wu explained that the back was where he and his students lived. When Aira asked him what he taught, he just ignored her.

"Aira, this is Misako," Wu said introducing her to a grey haired woman behind the counter.

"Hello," Misako said extending a hand. "What brings you here?"

"I thought with Nya unable to help as much now," Wu explained, "it might be a good idea to hire someone."

"I see," Misako said with a smile. Aira could see a hint of confusion in her eyes but she didn't seem displeased.

"Misako will show you the ropes," Wu said. "Misako where are the students?"

Misako raised an eyebrow at his use of students. "They were called to Stix. To take care of some-"

"I see," he said interrupting her.

Misako gave Wu a confused look. She had known Wu long enough to just roll with it.

"This way, Aira," Misako said. "I will show you how we categorize and organize the different types of tea."

Aira followed her into the back room. She took careful note of everything that Misako told her. She had a good memory and quickly had the system down. Misako seemed pleased with her quick learning and soon put her to work organizing.

Aira hadn't been organizing very long when she picked up a flaw in the system. "Misako, this tea is very popular in Ninjago. Shouldn't we put it in a more accessible spot?"

"Good thinking. You are a very quick learner, my dear," Misako said.

"I used to work in a shop like this when I was in school," Aira explained. "But it went out of business about two years ago."

"Well then Wu made a good employee choice," Misako said. The front bell dinged and Misako went into the front room.

"Who are you?"

Aira jumped at the sound and felt the stool beneath her wobble. She regained her balance and turned to the voice. It was a blond haired man. He was wearing a green ninja GI and had a white bandage around his head. Aira gasped.

"I know you," Lloyd said crossing his arms.

"Please I-"

"Ah, Lloyd, your back," Misako said walking into the room. "I take it you've met our new employee."

"Employee?" Lloyd asked. He tried to raise his eyebrow but winced. He had forgotten about his cut.

"Yes," Misako said shrugging.

Aira's heart was pounding in her chest. She looked at him waiting for him to reveal her identity.

"We've met," Lloyd said slowly. "She is a good worker. I'm glad you hired her."

Aira's eyes widened in surprise. Misako nodded and left the room again.

"Don't make me regret that," Lloyd said  pointing at Aira. All she could do was nod her head. She was absolutely speechless.

"Lloyd! Lloyd!" Jay said running into the room. "We have a serious problem!"

The blue ninja?! Aira thought incredulously. Wu! He was the ninja's Sensei. Why had he hired her then?

"What is it, Jay," Sensei Wu asked hurrying in.

"It's Cole!" He said frantically. "We were in Stix and suddenly it started to rain and-"

"He didn't get hit with water did he?!" Lloyd asked fearfully.

"No, but the rain was only near him," Jay said a little more calmly. "It only followed him. We got him out of there in time but he is pretty shook up about it."

"Wait," Aira said interrupting, "why is water so dangerous?"

Lloyd looked at her closely and she clamped her mouth shut. She was still confused as to why he hadn't said anything and she was confused as to why he didn't seem angry. Or maybe he was?

"Cole is a ghost," Misako said. "They can't touch water."

Aira looked at her incredulously. She looked to all four faces in the room and realized they weren't kidding. "Wait he is dead?"

"Not dead," Wu said. "Just turned to a ghost."

Aira threw up her hands and shook her head. "This has been the weirdest few days in my life."

"Your working for the ninja, get used to it," Lloyd said in a clipped tone. Okay, so maybe he was mad. "Sensei, you don't think we may have just had a run in with a weather master do you?"

"Great!" Jay shouted, "first a wind master and now a weather master. What is with all these sudden masters?"

Aira nearly dropped the package she was holding when he said this. She refused to turn and look at any of the others in the room.

"I think these maybe two very different types of people," Lloyd said. "One is attacking us deliberately. The other is just a thief."

His words cut Aira to the heart but they were true. Even if she had good intentions.

Sensei Wu turned to Lloyd, "It seems we have a storm brewing."

Next: Chapter Six: A Nagging Question