Chapter 32

Bree's POV

Carson lead me out into the forest and I followed, trying to put on my best attitude. I wasn't going to stay with Carson, I couldn't abandon Dipper and Mabel! Carson seemed to be forcing a smile on his face, for my sake. He seemed to only smile in front of me. Did I make him that happy?

Carson brought me to a random part in the forest. "Ok, here is perfect." He finally said.

I let go of his hand and laughed awkwardly. "Why here?" I asked.

Carson shrugged. Ok, he was definitely wasn't acting happy, he seemed pretty happy to me. "I don't know, it seems nice here."

"So, how can you teach me how to be human?" I asked and leaned back against a tree.

Carson sighed and looked back at me. "Do you like Dipper?"

I was so surprised that my jaw dropped open. "Oh, um, I don't-"

"You do. Don't you?" He said.

I sighed. "Yes."

Carson slammed his fist into a tree trunk and I cried out as he drew his hand back and red blood dripped out from his knuckles.

"C-Carson, I-"

"I knew it." He growled.

"I'm sorry I-"

"You don't understand Bree." He sighed and he examined his bloody fist. "I-I just see you and-" He looked at me with those eyes. "-and I can't help but..."

"But what?" I asked.

Carson clenched his jaw and his face grew guarded. "Never mind...I-we, should train."

"Carson are you ok?" I asked concerned. I walked up to him, but he drew away.

"I'm fine. Come on, let's train." His voice was stern.

That smile on his face was no where to be seen.

Dipper's POV

I paced my room relentlessly. Should I tell her? No... Should I- No. Should I just ask her? Maybe...no... The door suddenly opened and Mabel stepped in.

"Whoa, I haven't seen you stress pacing for a while bro, what's wrong?" Mabel asked.

I couldn't help it, I just blurted it out. "I want to ask Bree to be my girl friend!" And I covered my mouth in regret.

Mabel screamed in happiness and ran around the room. "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my GOSH!" She landed beside me and hugged me tightly. "You should! You just gotta ask her when she gets back from training!" Mabel looked so excited. "OMG! You have to!"

I nodded and took off my hat. "O-ok." I stammered. "I will...I will!" I smiled and put my hat back on. "When she gets back, I'm gonna ask!"

~~~~~ Time skip 1 hour ~~~~~

I waited impatiently in the kitchen, waiting for her to enter the door. She'd be here soon, she'd be here-

The door opened. I jumped and looked up. Bree.

Bree's POV

I opened the door to the shack. Carson was dragging behind, still upset from the strange ordeal that went down before we trained. I stepped in and I saw Dipper jump like I had scared him.

"Where's Carson?" He asked.

"He's a little ways behind me." I said. "Why?"

Dipper stood up and took a huge breath. "I-I was wondering, if maybe...you know..." He was sweating a lot. "I was wondering if maybe me and you-" He cut himself off and clenched his fists. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

My jaw hung open. Girlfriend... I smiled happily. "Um..." I paused for dramatic effect and saw horror cross his face. "Sure!"

Dipper's face lit up like a Christmas tree. "Oh my gosh, really?! Thank you!" He raced up and hugged my tightly.

I laughed and hugged him back. Dipper was doing a little hop from one foot to another. His hat was slightly side ways since he was too excited to care so I fixed it for him. He was smiling so big right now.

"I'll be up stairs if you need me!" And he ran up the stairs happily. I laughed and the door suddenly flung back open.

"Carson." I said. "Are you gonna be fine? You seem depressed." I said.

Carson sighed. "I'm fine." He said shortly, but I smiled at him.

~~~~~ Yet another time skip 5 hours ~~~~~

We had all finished eating dinner, except Carson, he didn't eat with us and we were now heading up stairs to get ready for bed. Carson had snuck up there like a ninja somehow and was there waiting for us, but he was writing in a journal, I almost mistaken it for Journal 3. Once he saw us coming up he got off of Dipper's bed, but for some reason Dipper didn't seem that mad at Carson anymore. I was about to get in bed like everyone else, but Carson begged me to just have a minute with me.

I sighed and walked to him. He lead me to the bathroom (ITS NOT WHAT YOU THINK YOU DIRTY MINDED PEOPLE OUT THERE!) and closed the door. I looked up at him curiously.

"What do you want?" I asked confused.

"Bree, I need to know you're answer, you're true answer. Are you staying with them?" His voice was hushed, but he sounded like he was begging.

"I-" I broke off. I didn't know what was my real answer. Did I really want to stay with Dipper and Mabel in California? "I'm not sure." I said, surprising myself.

Carson didn't relax though, he just sighed. "Ok, but please tell me soon."

I nodded impatiently and walked out and to my sleeping bag where I crawled in and closed my eyes. I thought about all the times Carson glared at Dipper and had asked me what I thought about him and I replied that I did like him. I was always a little hesitant on my answers though, like I had been lying.

That's when it hit me, that's when realization struck.

It wasn't Dipper who I had fallen in love with.

It was Carson.