Chapter 26

Dipper's POV

I tried to cry out, but the hooded figure kept me strangled and dragged me off into the forest. Bill. It had to be Bill. He was angry that we stole his daughter. But how was he here in real life?! I kicked and tried to grapple for the ground, but he was abnormally strong and the ground cut my fingers and bruised the backs of my legs. My vest snagged onto the branches as the forest got darker and darker.

"Please! Someone help!" I managed to cry out.

The figure suddenly flung me against the base of a tree. I gasped in pain and hunched over, hugging my shoulder. I took a ragged breath and tried to look up, but the person's face was hidden in the shadow of his gray hood.

"Who are you?! Let me go?!" I screamed, but I somehow knew it was pointless.

"You really think I'd tell you that and give you even the slightest advantage?" He asked surprised and annoyed. "I don't think so Pinetree."

Pinetree...it had to be Bill.

"I know it's you Bill!" I screamed angrily.

He laughed hysterically. "Clever, yet puny, human."

So it was Bill...but he hadn't said so yet.

"Why did you take me?! It wasn't me?!" I cried.

"'Cause you and your stupid jealousy ruined everything! Everything! I had to wait so long and got sloppy 'cause I was waiting! She's still alive isn't she?!" He sounded furious, but it was his daughter he was talking about, maybe he was just mad at me...?

"I didn't mean too!" I said pleading.

"Yes you did! It was all intentional! I've read your journal! You're so selfish!" He was definitely enraged.

"I'm sorry! Please let me go! I won't tell anyone! I'll tell them I fell and-"

"NO!" He screamed. "You will never escape!" He drew a hand lightly over his hood like he was trying to calm himself down. "Besides...I still have one thing left to do..."

Bree's POV

Mabel and I decided to go and kidnap Dipper back here since her kept wandering off. We were giggling to each other as we tip toed down. We kept hushing each other as we laughed. Dipper usually went into the kitchen, every single time, and drank Pit-Cola pathetically. We made it to the bottom of the stairs and crept towards the kitchen. I could see the entrance to it and walked forward faster.

I could picture Dipper sitting in the chair glumly, not expectant of our little ambush. I silently laughed and reached the edge.

3...2...-

"BOO!" We screamed and leapt for his chair. I cried out as I ended up grappling an empty chair and fell to the floor with a heavy THUD with Mabel on top of me. I took a deep breath in shock. He wasn't here... I untangled myself and stood up confused.

"What the? He's supposed to be here..." I said baffled.

Mabel shrugged. "He's probably in the forest with his journal."

I nodded. "Let's go get 'em then!" I exclaimed and I took off running to the door and out to the forest. Mabel and I interlocked arms and began skipping into the forest.

"We're off to see the wizard! The wonderful Wizard of Oz!"

We broke off laughing.

"How do you know that?" Mabel asked as we skipped.

"The Dream Scape wasn't THAT bad, but, we had our own version. Everyone died in the end and became demon subjugates...yeah, not as good as the human version." I said and after a moment of silence we laughed.