Chapter 31

Dipper's POV

I glared at Bree as she walked out the door with Carson. I stuffed a piece of pancake into my mouth angrily.

"What's up with you?" Mabel chuckled.

"Uh? What?" I asked distracted.

"I asked what's wrong with yah?" Mabel said as she reached for more syrup.

"Nothing." I said shortly and crammed more pancake into my mouth so I wouldn't have to speak.

"You seem tense." She pointed out.

"Really?" I said sarcastically, but she didn't seem to have caught onto it.

"Yeah." She said. "Can you get me some water?" She asked suddenly.

"Uh, sure." I said slightly confused and I got up and poured in a glass of water for her and handed it over.

"Thank you Dip." And she drank it all up.

I took a bite of my pancakes and choked and coughed. Mabel began laughing and I looked down at the pancake and saw large clumps of glitter coating it. I coughed out the pancake bit.

"Gees Mabel! I almost died!" I said frantically.

"But you didn't!" She exclaimed.

"Why?" I asked and coughed out more glitter.

"You seemed that you need to have a little sparkle in yah." Mabel said smiling.

I coughed up another chunk of glitter. "Yeah, but not the whole bottle!"

Mabel raised up and empty glitter bottle. "Hehe, yeah."

I grabbed a PitCola off the table left by someone and swished it around my mouth and forced myself to swallow. Gross. Glitter. I set the can down and Mabel burst out laughing.

"What is it?" I panicked.

"That was Carson's soda." She laughed hysterically.

I felt bile rise in my throat. No..... I thought and raced to the sink. I turned on the faucet and guzzled down the sink water. I got some more in my mouth and spit it out in the sink. Mabel was still laughing.

"What? Was that sink Carson's or coated in glitter too?" I asked sarcastically as I whiped the water away.

"No." Mabel said with a big smile on her face.

I shook my head and sat down. "Mabel, you think Bree is going to stay with us...right?"

Mabel set her fork down and stared at the maple syrup. "Yeah, of course, she loves us."

I rested my chin on my hands. "Would it be better if she stayed with Carson?"

Mabel sighed. "Why do you hate Carson so much?"

I leaned back up. "I-I don't."

"Liar!"

"Ok, ok...I don't really know why. But, Carson is just this stranger that I've never met who is always hanging out with Bree alone and after going on a walk alone and I got captured by a crazy brain demon..." I trailed off. "You see what I mean?"

Mabel scratched the back of her head. "Yeah, I guess. But, we can trust him, you are the only one who doesn't."

I growled. "He's always-" I broke off and shook my head. ", never mind."

"No. What is it? Tell me." Mabel insisted.

"Mabel I-"

"TELL ME!" She grabbed my shoulders and shook my hard.

"OW! OW! MABEL! OK!" I cried as I was shaken back and forth, back and forth.

Mabel let go triumphantly.

"He's just so mature and serious and grown up. He just makes me think he's an older way cooler version of me...so I'm jealous, and he's obviously like in love with Bree or something and..." I lowered my head.

"Oh." Mabel now understood.

I nodded slowly.

"You're afraid Carson will steal Bree's heart in the end."

"Yup." I sighed.

Mabel patted my shoulder. "Never fear brother! I won't let that happen!"

"Mabel, he's in love with her cause she saved his life and she's unique, blah blah blah." I pointed out.

"I'll find him a new girl!" She smiled.

"Mab-"

"I WILL!" She stood now on top of the table.

I shook my head but laughed. "Thanks Mabel."

She looked down, smiled and gave me a thumbs up. "No problem bro, bro."

Sorry for the short chapter peeps :P