Chapter 3

Bree's POV

The next day, I sat in my tree, early in the morning with my dad. He told me he was going to leave in a little bit for a stake out. I sighed. I wanted him away from those two humans so I could talk to them. I developed a plan.

"Hey dad, yesterday when I was in my tree, as usual, I heard voices off somewhere saying something about going to a lake...so, I think the humans are going to the Gravity Falls lake or something like that." I lied completely to him.

Bill jolted. "Oh, thanks for telling me." Bill stood up on the branch and looked around. "Times up Bree, I got to go on watch now. I'll be back at sunset."

I faked a smile and waved good bye as he flew off, towards the lake. I leapt up excitedly and zoomed down to the ground. Those two humans would be coming out soon, sometime. I flew in the direction my dad usually flew in and I saw the edge of the forest. I stopped for a second. I had never seen the edge of the forest before. In fact, I've never been out of the forest before. I took a deep breath and went to the edge.

The light was blindly bright with no tree cover. In front of me was a strange...very very strange tree. It was shaped almost like a box and was pointed at the top. On the side of the tree there were two words, I think, on it. The strange, short but wide, tree just stood lonely in the clearing.

"How peculiar..." I whispered. Suddenly, the tree opened up and a hole was in it. I jumped back and saw the two humans, Dipper and Mabel, come out. That's when I realized, this wasn't a tree, it was one of those houses that humans build. I smiled, giddy with excitement, and flew on top of the tree I was standing by.

Mabel and Dipper were running around and laughing, happily. I guess this time that Gruncle Stan human didn't force them out of their house that they built. I flew silently over them and I saw Dipper yank out that book, no journal, and flip the pages open. He also grabbed a strange black bar that emitted purple light.

They sat down in a small clearing and went to a page where a tree was displayed on it. He shined the light on the page and new lines formed on it. I gasped in amazement. Bill never told me that humans could perform magic as well! They were both talking excitedly about the page and kept pointed at some of the new lines on the page.

I flew down the other side of the tree so they wouldn't see me and looked around the trunk. They had their heads bent down, fascinated by their own magic on the book. I took a deep breath. Ok...you've got this...just ask them. I made a note book and pen appear and exhaled. I stepped around the tree and smiled. They didn't notice me so I cleared my throat and they both jumped wildly. Dipper slammed the journal shut and put it away, along with the magic black bar.

They stared at me, bewildered and almost scared looking.

"Uh...who are you?" Dipper asked.

I almost screamed in happiness. A human was talking to me! "I'm Bree." I kept smiling.

Mabel studied me and didn't seem so paranoid as Dipper. "That's a cool name." She commented kindly.

"Yeah, you two have cool names too." Cool? What does that mean. Hopefully it wasn't offensive.

"You know our names?" Dipper looked shocked and now even more paranoid.

"Of course, why wouldn't I? Every human knows each other's names." I paused and corrected myself. "Um, everybody, I mean." 

Dipper looked at Mabel quickly. "Um...how do you know them. I've never seen you before."

Uh oh...I guess humans don't know each other's names already before you meet them. Whoops. "I heard you guys talking before...when I was walking by." Are humans keen to knowing when other humans lie? I hope not...