Chapter 10

Bree's POV

I walked up to the attic silently, smiling at Jace's words, but I felt it slightly melt away as I saw the door to the attic.

"-put up with Bree." I heard Dipper say.

"Thanks Dip." It was Mabel.

I took a deep breath. Just go and apologize. I opened the attic door and I saw them both freeze. Mabel now had a bandage on her cut, it covered up the blood. (thank goodness). I walked in. "Hey." I said.

"Hey." They both said back.

"I'm sorry." I said quietly.

Mabel got up and left Dipper's side. "I know you are-"

See, here I go, they're gonna kick me out...

"-and I need to tell you-"

Just say it.

"-that we both need to be careful."

"What?" I was shocked.

"We both need to be careful of what we do. You didn't know what was happening, it wasn't your fault. I-I forgive you." Mabel said.

She opened up her arms around me and I just stared.

"What?" I asked.

Mabel laughed. "It's called a hug silly."

"My name isn't Silly."

Mabel laughed again. She walked up and embraced me and I did it back. Hug. So weird, dad never hugged me. Why? It seemed very nice thing to do.

"What's the purpose of a hug anyways?"

Mabel tapped her chin. "Its a way to express affection." She explained.

"Affection?"

"Hm...like care, love."

I stiffened up. "L-Love..." I echoed. "That's love?" I was baffled.

"You don't know love?" Mabel asked curiously.

"No."

A big smile spread across her face. "Well, I guess I get to teach you!" She exclaimed.

"Hug, kisses-"

"Kisses?" I echoed.

Mabel blushed and laughed. "This is going to be interesting. You can practice on Dipper." Mabel giggled.

Dipper looked up and his face was bright pink. "W-what?! No."

Mabel was dying of laughter.

"What's wrong with a kisses?" I wondered aloud.

Dipper waved a hand at me, he was still flushed. "Never mind."

Mabel popped up next to me. "Let's begin." She reached from behind her and pulled a giant roll of paper out of nowhere. She rolled it out and it said. MABEL'S BASIC GUIDE TO LOVE! I smiled and nodded.

Mabel pointed at a picture of two people doing the hug. "This is hugging, like I just did to you." It had instructions on how to hug and everything.

"Were you expecting me to be blank minded on this love concept?" She asked.

"Um, no, just waiting for someone!" She pointed at another: holding hands. It showed two hands grabbing on to each other. "This can also be a symbol of love." She pointed at the last one: Kissing. "This is the extreme fireworks of love!" She smiled brightly.

I looked at it and cocked my head. Kissing...hm. "And, what, you want me to practice love, kissing, on Dipper?" I asked.

Mabel burst out laughing like my words were tickling her. "Ha, ha, if you want."

I shrugged.

Dipper shook his head at me. "I don't think so." He said curtly, but he was bright pink again.

I laughed. "Ok, weird humans, get nervous over everything." I said.

Dipper brushed his hair back and returned to his journal.

"It's ok Bree," Mabel said, "you'll learn!"

I laughed and thought to myself. How's this for you dad? Huh? Keep me cooped up, but I still get what I wanted. I love being human. I love it.