Chapter 5

Bree's POV

So, when my dad came back at sunset he seemed pretty annoyed. I was sitting on my branch, for the trillionth time, playing with fire. He appeared beside me, the annoyed look on his face.

"They were not at the lake." Was the first thing he said.

"Who wasn't?" I asked.

Bill froze. "The humans." He finally said.

"I don't know...that's what I heard the voices saying." I lied.

He sighed. "I know you're annoyed that you have to stay here anonymously, but it's for your safety."

I sighed as well. "Yeah...all the humans get to go do this thing called camping and visit the lake." I said.

"Camping?" Bill echoed.

"I heard the humans talking about it." I lied again. I had to lead my dad away again.

He slapped his face. "I bet they are going off to camp tomorrow at the lake...oh well...I'll just go tomorrow."

Yes!!!!!!!! I was screaming on the inside, but on the outside all I said was: "Oh, ok."

The sun was starting to disappear and it grew dark. The blue fire in my hands was illuminating my face brightly.

"Time to sleep Bree, night." He extinguished the flame in my hand and I curled up on the branch and my dad went to sleep. I stared in the direction of the human's house.

I smiled. I would get answers tomorrow. Finally. Finally I would know what it's like to be human.