Chapter 21

You woke up the next morning to Arthur stomping around on the ground. His sword was clanking around as he walked.

You sat up in the bed and watched him for a moment.

"Arthur?" You said to him.

He looked over at you and a smile came over his face.

"Hello love, good morning." He said before looking over at the map on his wall and reading coordinates.

You slowly got out of bed and made your way over to your own.

"Y/N," Arthur said more serious now,"you must stay on your watch today. I'm sensing that they'll be here soon."

You nodded your head before grabbing one of Arthurs swords off the sword rack.

"What're you doing?" Arthur asks, smirking a bit as he watches you hold the sword.

"Hey, if you run into trouble, you're gonna need all the hands you can have." You said back to him.

"Really now?" Arthur started in a sarcastic tone.

"Of course! Those men are probably much better at swordplay than you!" You joked at him.

"How much do you want to bet?" Arthur asked, now taking the sword off his belt and holding it up.

"Besides, I bet you don't even know how to use a sword, Y/N!" Arthur laughed a bit.

You smirked at him.

"How much do you want to bet?"

With that you stepped towards him and slashed at him. He jumped back in surprise before smirking and slashing back with another move.

You laughed at this, dodging it quickly.

Then you slashed once again which Arthur deflected with his own sword.

You two went into a sword battle, slashing and laughing at each other.

Then, you slashed at him down at his feet, caught him off guard and slammed him against a wall.

He smiled at the before flipping it around so you were in between the wall and him.

You confidently dropped your sword and put your hands on his abs. A smirk plastered onto his face at this.

"That's right, you will surrender to me." He said sexily into your ear.

Your heart thumped hard at his words and you stared up at him.

His smirk was then replaced with a grin and you stood up on your tiptoes and kissed him on the cheek.

With that you ran out of the room without a peep.

Arthur stood there for a couple more seconds before bringing his hand to his cheek and a blush forming on his cheeks.

He then shook his head before picking up the sword that you had dropped on the ground. Carefully, he placed it back on the sword rack and walked over to his desk.

He sat down and stared at the map in front of him. Red Xs covered the map as he stared.

The red marker sat on his desk, longing for him to pick it up and use it.

Arthur slowly grabbed the marker off of the desk and held it in his hands. He studied it for a moment before bringing it up to the map.

But instead of drawing an X on the map, he circled an area of water and sighed.

"Finally, I've waited long enough to see you, Liz." He said to himself before dropping the marker and walking out the door.

____

The crew had made themselves busy, sharpening swords, unloading weapons and cannonballs, or were helping others watch for any boats in the distance.

You, we're standing next to Rachael, who had been sharpening her sword for the last ten minutes.

No one even noticed when Arthur stepped out of his room until you glanced over.

His eyes went straight to yours and you remembered how you kissed his cheek, causing you to blush.

Rachael looked at you.

"Hey, Y/N. You wanna try sharpening my sword, I've gotta go check on Gilbert, he's still getting over a bit of a hangover." Rachael smiled.

"Sure." You said to her before Rachael walked away.

You began sharpening the sword as Rachael had been when Arthur came up from behind you.

"You're pretty good at swordplay." Arthur said, making you jump a bit.

"Who taught you?"

You smiled a bit at him before continuing to work.

"Charles, Prince Charles taught me." You said, looking up at Arthur for a moment. "He said I might need that skill one day."

"Oh," Arthur said before sighing.

He sat down next to you before opening his mouth to speak.

"Ship ahoy! Ship ahoy!" A different voice rang out. You quickly shot your eyes towards the horizon where a giant ship was sailing.

"Everyone prepare yourselves! It's captain Lukas' ship!" Arthur says before looking down at you.

You had already ran over to the sword rack and was pulling one down.

"Y/N, what are you doing?" Arthur asked, chuckling a bit as he watched you struggle to pull down a sword.

"I'm gonna fight, what are you doing?" You ask him. You finally pulled down the sword and smiled at the blonde.

"I'm going to bring you somewhere safe." Arthur said before grabbing your arm.

"Let me guess, this safe room is... Your closet?" You say while you're being dragged into Arthur's room.

"Precisely." Arthur replies.

"Wow, such a safe place." You say rolling your eyes.

"You can keep a sword with you if you insist." Arthur rolls his eyes as well.

"I will." You say as he opens the closet door and let's you in.

You sit down on the closet floor and Arthur throws jackets and blankets over top of you.

"Y/N," Arthur says, his eyes gleaming at you.

"Yeah?" You ask him.

He opened his mouth to speak, his eyes sparkling.

"I-I." He started, but then closed his mouth thinking better of his words.

"Just, be careful." He said before standing up and shutting the closet doors.

You sat in the dark room. Awaiting for whatever was coming your way.

_____

Hehehehehe, so, I've decided to save the fight until the next chapter because it's juicy stuff you catching mah drift?
Okay good night