IT WAS YOU ALL ALONG

Start from the beginning

"Get down!" Naruto hisses and we all crouch down behind the bushes. Peaking through, I see groups upon groups of ANBU members wearing different coloured and styled masks, running out of the base and towards where the action is.

We all wait for a couple of minutes, more and more running out in groups at a time.

Only when we sit for a while and no more come out do we all make our move.

Rythian first, then me, Rido and Naruto holding up the back.

As we enter the base, all I can really say about it is that it's quite plain, but also quite dark.

"I remember..." Rythian mutters as we walk quietly down the hall. We take a left and then reach a set of stairs which someone could have easily gone by.

"What do you remember?" Rido asks, glancing down one of the halls.

"A letter...I got a letter and it gave me directions to come down this hidden passage." Rythian stated, not making a move to go down the stairs. "Only those who are looking for it can see it..."

"Looking for what?" Naruto asks, blinking in confusion.

"A stairway." I reply and point to where I see it. "There."

Naruto's eyes widen and he tries to silence his shock. "When did that get there?!"

I can understand why he was so shocked, I mean, it did look quite grand...

"Let's move it, we're kind of on the clock." Rido hisses.

Rythian quickly defends the stairs, and I follow...

"Wee~"

"Lian!" Rythian whispers and grabs me off the banister. "You can't just slide in there!"

I pout before crossing my arms over my chest and looking away. "No fair..."

Rythian rolls his eyes but grabs my hand and continues the journey down. "Come on."

We finally, after a LOT of stairs, make it to the bottom. In a word, this place is...

"Dark." I say.

"Way to state the obvious." Rido says sarcastically, and no doubt rolling his eyes.

I notice my blonde friend isn't with him. "Where's Naruto?"

"He's keeping watch at the top of the stairs, says he'll send a shadow clone down if anyone comes." Rido replies.

I nod my head and turn to Rythian who looks quite pale. I grip his hand which is still in mine, sending him a smile.

"Hey, lover boy. What do you remember?" Rido asks, stepping in front of us.

I can feel myself blushing and I swear I'm gonna get Rido back for this... I mean, I owe him for helping me so damn it I guess we're even!

"There wasn't much light...but I had to come down here. The letter said that the person...that the person..." Rythian shook his head. "Let's just move forward."

Now, I'm not gonna lie. Walking down a dark creepy corridor with the idea of getting lost forever and or dying can scare some people.

I am thankfully not one of them people!

"There has to be a light switch around here somewhere!"

"Lian, focus."

"I'm just sayin'! If we found a light switch it would save us a whole lot of trouble."

"Or get us in a whole lot of trouble..."

"You trying to say something, brother?"

"No. I would never."

"I was brought up with sarcasm! I know when I hear it!" I say with an anime vein.

We reach the end of the corridor and oh. Of course.

"There's a password?" I sigh.

"1,2,3,4."

"That simple?" I ask shocked.

"Nobody would guess that the ANBU would use such a simple password." Rythian grins as Rido puts the password in. It's kinda hard when you can't exactly see much in front of you...

The door clicks when the password is entered, and it slowly creaks open. Oh! There actually light!

The sight before me is the last thing I thought I would ever see...

An old man. An old man with a stick. He's also got a covered eye and has bandages on his arm. His other eye has cuts on it.

Da fuq?

Oh! But what's even more shocking?

"STEVE?!" Me and Rido yell in unison.

===========

What is this?
What is this?
WHAT IS THIS?!

AN ON TIME UPDATE?!?!?!?!?!

THAT IS RIGHT FOLKS! I MANAGED TO UPDATE EXACTLY ONE WEEK LATER!

Oh my turtle...I feel so accomplished....

Yeah, I know, I know it's a mother filler but I'm just shoving my own crap into this story cause ITS MY STORY DAMNIT! And I wanna drag it on for as long as I can because if I do that then I feel like the actual series hasn't ended. Oops.

But yeah, I left it on a cliffhanger ^-^ hopefully you won't have to wait long to see what happens next.

Well, hope you enjoyed this ON TIME upload! I LOVE CHU HOOMANS AND I HOPE YOU ARE ALL FANTABULOUS~!

PSYCHOPATH OUT