Chapter thirty

Lucia's PoV

As I step in he turns to face me. I think he didn't expect me to come in. The shock is evident in his face but he clears his throat and quickly covers it with a blank face.

I gulp and close the door, stepping some steps towards him. It is dark but I can still see that he's shirtless and from the way he's gripping his blanket he might not even wear boxers. He takes a huge breath when I stop in front of him.

He's just starring at me as if he couldn't believe that I am actually here. I clear my throat.
"I'm sorry. I am thankful for your help." I look at his reaction. His lips lightly part and I can hear him gulp. What?
He just continues to stare at me and I shake my head and turn to leave.

He takes a hold of my elbow and clears his throat.
"Uh, I uhm, thank you." He stutters. I nod and look around. What is he doing to me? Doesn't he know that he's practically naked under his blanket. Not practically, literally.

"I-" he starts to say but sighs. I look up at him and see him looking around the room as if he's trying to find something. He looks back at me and bites his lip.
"Sit down." He orders and I sit down on his bed. He sits down next to me.

"I'm sorry, I can't seem to find my pants." He breaths out.
"Oh, uh. It's alright." I say, avoiding eye contact. He puts his index finger under my chin, making me look at him.
"I'm sorry for what I did to you in the penthouse." He says and my eyes widen.
"Y-you are?" I ask and he nods.

"I shouldn't have treated you like that. I guess I just couldn't handle the whole situation. With the partnership and all. I didn't mean to let it out on you. It was wrong." He shakes his head and lets go of my chin. He runs a shaky hand through his hair and stands up.

He starts pacing again and I bite my lip. He seems to hate himself for doing the stuff he did to me.
"Please stop pacing." I say but he doesn't.
"Niki." Still no use.
"Nikolaos!" I yell and he stops. He looks at me and frowns. I gulp as I remember that he didn't like to be called with his full name. Although I love it.

"I-I'm sorry. I forgot. You wouldn't stop pacing and I didn't know what to say or do." I gulp.
With a clenched jaw he approaches me. I back away a little bit and he groans.
"Don't." He says as I stand up. He sits back down on the bed, holding his blanket tight.

His hand reaches out for me and takes my hand. I try to get away put he pulls me down on his lap.
"Please don't." He whispers as I straddle him. Keep in mind that he does not have anything on under this thin blanket. I gulp as he lets go of the blanket and the second hand is now on my waist.
I can just pray that the blanket stays in its place. Or not.

"Don't what?" I whisper back. He looks at me and gulps.
"Don't be scared of me." He whispers as his second hand travels to my waist. The only thing that's keeping me from falling is his hands. He seems to notice that and smirks.

"What? Don't you trust me?" He loosens his grip on me. I gasp and throw my arms around his neck.
"Was that a rhetorical question?" I say and he tightens his jaw, looking away.

"I was joking." I assure him.
"I know I wasn't always the perfect gentleman to you but I never gave you a reason not to trust me." He growls.
"Oh really? That one time on the balcony." I snap and he groans.
"And look you're still alive. I didn't let go of you. If anything I shouldn't trust you. You fucking left." He growls and looks at me. Oh no, I didn't come for a fight. I feel his chest rising and the storm in his eyes.

"Please, Nikolaos." I whisper, running my hands through his hair. His breath hitches. Good.
"I don't want to fight with you again." I finish, looking him in the eye. His fingers grip into my waist.
"Did I give you a reason not to trust me?" He pulls me closer.
I gulp and shake my head. He looks at my lips.

"Say it." He commands.
"I trust you." I look at him and bite my bottom lip.
"Stop." He whispers.
"What?" I bite it again. It's a habit of mine.
"Stop this." He cups my cheek with his right hand, his left one is now fully wrapped around my waist.

With the thumb of his right hand he traces my lips, pulling my bottom lip out of between my teeth. He licks his own lips again and looks at me with pain in his eyes.

I run my hand through his soft hair again, playing with the little hairs on the back. If possible he pulls my body closer, leaving no space between our bodies. I look down on him and see him already looking at me.

"Lucia." He whispers in a husky voice. My name out of his mouth. For the first time I hear him saying my name and I can't help but to close my eyes at the smoothness his voice. His finger is tracing my lips again and I open my eyes to pull on his back hair. His head snaps upwards slowly so that we're now face to face.
I lean down and feel him gripping my waist tighter and pulling my head faster to him.

I close my eyes and just let it happen. The moment our lips touch I feel every possible emotion. But the feeling that I feel the most is this little person doing flips in my stomach.

His lips are soft and warm. I run my shaky hand through his hair while the other one is wrapped around his shoulders, pulling him closer. He let go of my cheek only to cup my neck, pulling me closer as well. His hand that was on my waist is now gripping the blanket to his body.

He only needs to turn us to the right and lay me down on the mattress in order to hover above me.