Chapter twenty-seven

I almost sigh at his outfit. He's wearing a pair of grey sweatpants and a tight black v-neck that is showing of his muscles.

"Sure." He shrugs and comes to her side. My grandma smirks as she turns around to face me.
"So, tell me what happened after the kiss." She says. I hear something fall to the ground and we both look at Darmetir.
"Sorry, this just fell." He says and I turn back to nana and give her a look.

"There was no kiss, nana." I say.
"But you wanted it to be a kiss?" She smirks and looks at Darmetir, who has his back facing us. I follow her gaze and see him stop what he's doing and gripping the kitchen counter.

"No. I told him that you called me and now I'm here." I say through gritted teeth. She smiles at me and turns around.
"Niki, honey pass me the salt." She says and he does. He seems like he's in his element.
"Nana. What should I do? Help me. I don't want to be mean." I sigh. He probably already knows what's up, but I can't face him.

"Take Niki with you." She simply states and I frown.
"Why?"
"So that you're not alone with him. He'll try to make conversation with him and ignore you." She shrugs. I look at Darmetir, who's definitely listening to our conversation, because I see his back straighten.
I roll my eyes and stand up.

"Alright big boy. Come on." I say and he turns around and smirks.
"Say please." He orders and I roll my eyes again. Wow, I do that a lot lately.
"Please." I say.
"What do you want me to do?" He smirks. God help this child.
"Didn't you hear what nana just said?" I ask and he shakes his head. Of course he did, what the hell?

"Well, I want you to come to the living room with me and talk to my old friend." I say through gritted teeth.
"Okay." He smirks and comes to my side. He stops again.
"What?" I ask him, annoyed.
"Should I play jealous boyfriend?" He smirks and I hear nana laugh.

"No, I told him I didn't have a boyfriend." I say and start walking again. He grips my arm. I barely got to take one step.
"Why did you tell him that?" He frowns.
"Because it's true." I say confused.
"Yeah, but you always say that you are in a relationship if you don't want anything from that person. Are you stupid?" He says and again, grandma laughs. I shoot her a glare and she shrugs.

"No, I'm not. I just didn't think that he still liked me." I tell him and he nods, finally letting me go. I follow him to the living room.

Nikolaos' PoV

"Hey, you must be Jeffrey." I say once I'm in front of him in the living room. He stands up a little bit confused and offers me his hand. I shake it shortly and sit down on the middle of the couch, so that I'm in between Lucia and Jeffrey.

"Uh, I didn't catch your name." He says, sitting down next to me.
"Oh sorry my bad." I laugh.
"Call me Niki." I turn to Lucia.
"Come on cookie, sit down." I pat the place next to me. She frowns confused but sits down.

"Cookie?" I hear the guy ask and turn to him.
"Oh yeah, we have nicknames for each other. We are really close. She's the cookie to my cream." I smile at him and throw an arm around her, hugging her to my side. Damn I'm a great actor.

"Oh, well yeah. Lucy and I had nicknames too. Uh, she always called me turtleneck and I called her lulu." He smirks at me. Oh, you wanna play? Let's play.
"Yeah well. I don't know if I should feel sorry for you or laugh at the fact that you think the name turtleneck is cute. Or lulu. That means pee in German." I say and feel Lucia straighten.

I look at her and she looks at me with wide eyes, telling me that she didn't expect that. I smirk at her. I just started. She just shakes her head and leans back on the couch. I still have my arm wrapped around her when I turn to Jeffrey.

"Well, one of the names I got for her was love." He smirks and I clinch my jaw and tighten my arms around her.
"So?" I growl.
"Just saying." He says, still smirking.

"Uh, let's change the topic." I hear Lucia say.
"Tell me about your job, Jeffrey." She continues and I roll my eyes and lean back, relaxing on the couch. Why does she care about his job?
"Well the farm is great." He says and I snort.
"What are you? A farmer?" I look at him and he nods, proudly.

I snort again. A farmer.
"You look like a farmer." I smirk.
He stands up and glares at me.
"If you wanna say something than say it." He growls. I match his posture and stand up as well.
"You-"
"Yeah grandma, we're coming!" Lucia cuts me off. She grips the back of my shirt and pulls me away from him. I glare at him as she leads us to the kitchen.

Nana looks at us and frowns.
"What happened? Where's Jeffrey?" She asks and Lucia lets me go and sits down on the kitchen counter, putting her face in her hands. I shrug at nana and take out a water bottle, gulp half of the thing down.

Lucia groans and looks at me.
"I thought I said no jealous boyfriend." She throws her arms in the air.
"Yeah. And I didn't." I say confused.
"Then what did you do? Because as much as I recall, you were about to fight. I wanted you to make conversation, not hurt him." She whisper-yells. What the fuck is her problem? Didn't she want me to distract him from her?

"You are so fucking confusing! I thought I should distract him from you. I helped you, didn't I? And I get this? Fuck no. I'm done." I whisper-yell back and forcefully set the bottle on the kitchen island. I turn around and leave.

Let her do her shit alone!