Chapter twenty

Lucia's PoV

I wake up the next day in a strange room. I groan and I open my eyes. I rub them and yawn. The sun is already up and I look around the room. There are two more beds and it's slightly messy.

Oh no. Memories from yesterday come back in my mind and I sigh, but stand up. They found me. I should feel scared or anything but yesterday as Darmetir stood in front of me I felt save. I knew he'd help me out. But he's probably going to kill me, once he's awake. I slowly open the door and walk outside. I need to go into my room and get my money. I have it under my pillow. I know, I know, but I didn't find a better place. I walk into the elevator and step in. As it stops at my floor I sigh.

I run a hand through my hair and open the door. It is unlocked and I'm glad. I don't even know where my keys are. As I make my way towards the bed I see that it's occupied. Oh shit. I tip toe towards it and see Darmetir's familiar face resting on my pillow. Double shit.

My hand reaches out for the pillow. Slowly I put it under the pillow, trying to feel the envelope with the money inside. He groans and turns his face around so that I'm facing the back of his head. I exhale quietly. I didn't know what I'd do if he wakes up. And most importantly I wouldn't know what he'd do if he wakes up and finds me. I can only imagine it but I don't want to.

I finally got a hold of the envelope under the pillow when suddenly a huge hand grips my arm. I didn't realize that he turned around and is staring at me.

He pulls me down on him, so that I'm landing on top of him. He sits up, making me sit up as well. One look at his face tells me not to argue right now. He looks beyond pissed. I don't even look down at his exposed chest. He dares me to look away with his eyes. But his face expression changes in the matter of seconds. It seems to soften. Maybe it's just an act, and if, he's really good.

The hand that's gripping my arm travels to my waist. His other hand is holding the sheets high enough so that I don't peek any lower than his belly button. I gulp as he doesn't speak for what seems like eternity.

"How do you feel?" He asks me, surprising himself. My breath hitches. What? I expected him to yell at me or hit me or something.
"I-I'm fine." I stutter. He nods and continues to stare at me. I don't know what to do or say to him. I've never seen him with this face expression. It's like he's afraid I'd run away again. Suddenly the door bursts open.

"Niki! She's- oh." I hear Blondie yell. I turn my head towards him. He smirks at us and I get off of Darmetir, ignoring his intense stare.
"Uh, what do we have here?" Sean asks, appearing behind Blondie. I can't believe I'm back with these guys. I groan and go into the bathroom, aware of everybody's eyes on me.

I lock the door and take a quick shower.

Nikolaos' PoV

I groan once she's inside her bathroom. What the fuck happened? Why didn't I yell at her or something? How are you?! HOW ARE YOU?! Why not ask her if she wants some breakfast too, stupid. I look at the smirking guys in front of me.

"What?" I snap.
"What happened back there?" Sean asks, sitting down on the mini couch.
"Nothing happened." I answer. And why does this make me so angry? Geez, I'm fucked up.
"Didn't look like nothing." Leonard smirks at me.

"Just fucking stop. It's too early." I groan as I stand up and put my clothes on.
"Jesus! Next time tell us when you're naked." Leonard says, looking away.
"Why? Scared that it bites you?" I smirk at him as I pull my shirt over my head.

Someone clears their throat behind me and I silently hiss. Shit, did she hear that? I turn around to see her standing in a towel. She looks around in her closet and pulls some clothes out, avoiding eye contact. I clench my jaw and turn around to Sean.

"Any news from the police?" I ask him and he shakes his head.
I let out a yawn and stretch my body. I hear the bathroom door open again.

"What did you do with the guy?" I hear her soft voice ask. I turn around and sit back down on her bed, rubbing my stomach.
"We called the police." I shrug.
"B-but. Don't you know who he is?" She asks in disbelief. I frown and shake my head.
"He told me he...He...uhm." She stutters.
"Spit it out." Leonard yells and I glare at him.

She sighs before answering.
"He told me he killed my parents." She looks at me for my reaction. I stand up and near her. She backs away and gulps.
"Come again?" I say calmly.

"He t-told me he was my uncle and that he wanted to know some code for a save." She says. No way! He fucking tricked me!
"Couldn't you say that yesterday?!" I yell at her and she flinches. I instantly feel sorry. I shake my head and turn around.

"Sean, with me. Leonard stay with her." I command and they nod. I'm so angry right now. I could kill somebody. We step into the elevator when my phone starts ringing.

"Hello." I answer.
"Sir, we got information about the person that tried to rob you." The person says.
"I'm on my way." I hang up.

"Where to?" Sean asks, once we're inside the car.
"To the police department." I order and he starts the engine.