Chapter twenty-two

Lucia's PoV

I'm currently sitting on the couch, playing thumb war with Blondie when the door opens and two pretty pissed off men step inside. Darmetir groans as he falls on my bed, making himself comfortable. He lays face first in my pillow and his hands are gripping it tightly.

Sean just chuckles and sits down on the couch.
"What happened?" I ask and hear Darmetir groan.
"He told us something about a family save. Do you know anything about that?" Sean asks me and I shake my head.
"Well, he said the address of the save is on the files, so we really need to find that file." He says and I nod.

"And what did you guys do?" He asks me and Leonard snickers.
"We had sex." He says and I gasp.
"No we didn't! We're still in the same clothes as before you left. There's no way we had sex." I defend and they throw their heads back in laughter. I groan, my face probably beat red. I stand up and go towards the kitchen, passing the bed. I can feel his gaze on me but don't dare looking at him.

I pour myself a glass of water and gulp it all down. I lick my lips afterwards and go back towards the couch.
"So what now?" I ask.
"We're gonna pay your grandma a visit." I hear Darmetir say.
I turn my gaze towards him.
"Why?" I ask.

"Well she told me to visit soon and bring you along, so we're going. Make yourself ready. Guys." He says as he stands up and opens the door. The guys step out and leave, closing the door behind them.
I'm going to see my nana and pops again. I can't believe it.
I run to the closet and look for the prettiest clothes. I settle on a pair of blue jeans and a white blouse.

I brush my hair and teeth again. I put on some mascara and lip gloss. I run a hand through my hair just when the door opens and Darmetir steps in.
"Ready?" He asks with his hands in his pockets.
I nod and follow him to the elevator. He's wearing a black button up shirt and grey jeans. His hair is combed backwards too.

"Have you met my grandma yet?" I ask him once we're the elevator. He looks at me, biting his lip.
"I did." He simply says and I frown.
"When?" I ask, looking at his shoes. I can't look at him right now. He's making me feel all tingly.

"When I visited her." He states.
I see that I won't get any answers from him if he keeps answering like that. I'll find out eventually.
So I nod and take a huge breath. I can feel his eyes on me but I ignore it. I bite my lip until I hear the elevator bing and the doors open. I step out and smile at the receptionist, who smiles back.

I hear Darmetir mutter something as he walks past me with a fast pace. I roll my eyes and try to keep up. He waits at the car for me, opening the passenger door. I mutter a quiet thank you and he nods. Seconds later he steps into the driver's seat and starts the engine.

We drive silently as the only sound that's heard is the radio. Right now they are playing an old justin bieber song. I groan and turn the volume down. I steal a glance at Darmetir. His sleeves are pulled up to his elbows as he rests his chin on his left hand that is currently resting on the window frame. He's driving with one hand, which I always found hot. Oh god, I need to be stopped.

I turn my gaze away as I see the familiar street. I straighten my back and look outside excitedly. We pass the old park I played with my friends in. Misses Benson's house. We called her cat lady, cause she got 9 cats or something. I smile as he pulls up in my grandparent's driveway.

I open the door and jump out. He chuckles and gets out as well. I walk towards the front door. He follows me quietly. Right now the sun is already setting. I look back at him. He gives me a smile and I smile back. I turn around and knock three times.

He comes to stand next to me and places his hand on my lower back. I look up at him and see him already looking at me with a cute look. He seems worried. Kind of scared that I snap and kill him if he touches me. I just smile up at him, seeing his face relax and beam me another smile.

"Oh my, Lucy! And Niki! Come in." My grandma opens the door and smiles brightly at us.
She hugs me, pulling me away from Darmetir. I hug her back and finally feel home after a long time. She let's go of me and to my surprise hugs Darmetir.
Can't wait to hear that story.

"I was about to make dinner. Come on kids, sit down." She orders and we do. We sit side by side on the couch in the living room.
"You must be thirsty. I'll bring you something." She says and runs into the kitchen. I smile to myself and shake my head. That's how I remember her.

She comes back in and starts smalltalk with us. I finally get to know how they know each other and frown. So he lived here? Well that's new.
As she comes to a halt I ask her if I could stay here for the time being and she happily said yes. She even told Darmetir to take the guest rooms with his friends. She didn't let him say no, so in the end he gave in.

"Where is pops?" I ask her.
"Oh he is in his room. You know he doesn't move much anymore." She answers. My grandfather has a bad body. His back is bad. He can barely walk. And so he has to sit in his room upstairs, all by his own.

"I'll go up." I tell her and she nods. I stand up and make my way upstairs.