XXII

Vikk's POV

It was supper one night when Poofless said that they had enough to make armor. Everyone was happy, but I knew deep inside everyone was terrified.If we had armor, we could go to the Nether. We could die in the Nether.So after the little celebration, it got really quiet.That is until you could hear kissing noises. Everyone looked up from their stew to see Harry and Josh locking lips."Oh my fucking hell. Would you quit it?" Simon said trying to eat.They stopped kissing and just continued on as if nothing happened. We continued on when Lachlan grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. We held hands for most of the dinner. That was until i noticed Preston and Rob.Rob had the hugest smile and Preston looked as if he was going to murder someone. The next second, Preston throw a chunk of his soup at Rob. It hit him smack dab on the forehead."Ughhhh.....oh my god Preston!" He exclaimed pulling the chunk off of him.Preston just burst out laughing and fell off his chair and onto the floor. Rob threw some of his soup at Preston and it got in his hair. "Rob!?!" He yelled before throwing his bread at Rob. Unfortunately Preston does not have the best aim, it flew past Rob's head and hit Josh. Harry then stood up and screamed"FOOD FIGHT."And threw his soup at Vikk. Vikk threw his at Mitch, Mitch's at Simon, Simon at Lachlan, Lachlan to Jerome, Jerome to Tobi, Tobi to Ethan, whilst Paris ducked under the floor.

Soon food was flinging everywhere and there was no mercy shown. Food was splattered against every surface and all over everyone. Some how the food never stopped until they were all exhausted and covered in what reminisce had not fallen off them. Everyone stopped and laughed at how each other looked, food was in the hair, it was dripping down the face, and stains covered their shirts.

Everyone looked ridiculous. Yet they continued to laugh their asses off. All you could hear was laughter and some snorting once and a while. And it was joyous to hear the beautiful noise. It filled your ears and instantly you felt better. You felt happier. And we were happier. With every laugh, the stress of death was thrown from our shoulders, to a place where we kept our worst fears hidden. Locked away and gone.

I only stopped laughing when Lachlan scooted over and kissed me.

"Mmmm.....you taste like pumpkin pie." he said. I giggled and said,

"I wonder why, sweetie."

I looked into his beautiful blue eyes and we went into a long passionate kiss. And we completely melted into the kiss. We sat there and kissed for what felt like years, surprisingly no one interrupted us. We sat kissing and did not want it to end. Unfortunately we heard a thunder crack and felt a thousand tiny droplets begin to drench us. We parted and looked at each other annoyed of the world.

"At least we get a free shower." Lachlan said as everyone else just ran off to cover. Lachlan and I just sat down at one of the nearby benches and cuddled in the pouring rain. The rain washed away the chunks of the remaining food and we just watched the rain. Not a word was said but a thousand were expressed by our bodies. After awhile, the rain slowed down to a sprinkle and the moon started to show herself. We eventually got up and walked to the bed area. We got out of our wet clothes and laid down in bed. I snuggled into Lachlan's chest and I fell asleep listening to his heart beat.

~The next morning~

I woke up to a shaking from my lover.

"Vikky...Vikky wake up. We have something to do."

I slowly opened my eyes and Lachlan was trying to wake me up as he got dressed. I sat up and instantly regretted it. But apparently we have something to do, so up I go.

I got up and dressed before following Lachlan out to the crafting room, where everyone else is. We walk in and everyone turns and looks at us as we sit down.

"Um...you guys said we needed to meet up." Lachlan asked awkwardly.

"Yeah, we crafted all the armor and weapons but now we need to try it out," Mat began. "Brandon and I can put on armor easily but I am not sure about you guys. So each of you have a full set of armor, an iron sword, and a bow. Let's get started."

"Okay." I said and Brandon and Mat started pulling out chest plates, leggings, boots, and helmets. They look pretty stiff but it will probably change when we put them on. Brandon and Mat set out a set of armor in front of everyone and we began putting it on. I first put on the chest plate and it configured to my size and just fit like a normal shirt."How weird? It fits...like naturally.""I know." Lachlan said as he tried to get on his leggings. 

Soon enough we were all wearing the iron armor equipped with iron swords.

"This is really cool." Jerome said.

"Weird, but cool." Mitch said agreeing with Jerome.

"So does that mean we are ready for the Nether?"

We all got really quiet and all knew what was happening next.

"Let's go if we are ready then." said Josh

We all began our trip to the portal.

"Are you ready for this?" Lachlan asked me as we made our way there.

"I think I am but I am scared." I said as we neared the portal.

"Don't worry, I will protect you."

"With what? Last seasons death count?"

"Oi, I was trying to be all cute but you really had to do that."

"I am just saying."

"Well, just don't then."

"Okay." I said as we walked up to the portal.

"Who has the flint and steel?" Mitch asked.

"I do." Rob said.

"Okay, well let's light this baby." he said.

Rob looked worried but walked forward and stopped at the base. He pulled out the flint and steel and began to strike them together. After a few go's, he made a spark and it hit the obsidian. The portal was activated. He sighed and backed up.

"Ready?" he said.

"Ready as we will ever be." said Simon.

"Then let's go." said Mat.

Mat walked forward past everyone and through the portal. He walked right through and disappeared. Brandon yelped when he realized Mat had left his side, so he sprinted towards the portal and went right through.

Next Simon walked forward and he went next. Merome went next. They held hands as they entered the portal.

After them Poofless went with Ethan hot on their tails.

One by one they left this world and entered the next.

Soon enough it was just me and Lachlan left.

"Ready Vikk?" Lachlan asked me anxiously.

"I think so. You go through first. I will follow you through."

"Okay, see you on the other side." he said before giving me a kiss and walked through the portal.

And it was only one.

I walked up to the ominous object, and prepared myself for it. I stepped forward, wielding my sword, and went through the portal.