Chapter 25

You woke up surrounded by white walls. You were in the nurses office.

"What am I doing here?" You asked sitting up and you felt your eye sting. You turned over and looked in the mirror and your face looked horrible. Your lip was busted and you had a black eye.
Then you remembered. Laur is what happened.
Anger built up inside you.
Why the hell was she hitting you like that? What did you ever do to her? It was out of nowhere. One minute you were kissing Shawn and the next you were on the ground.
That's it.
Shawn.
Laur was jealous of you and Shawn.
You got up from the table, getting light headed.
"No- no" the nurse said rushing over to you.
"You need to stay here until we figure out if you have a concussion or not"
Wait. Laur was only hitting you why would you have a concusion? You asked yourself.
You gave the nurse a confused look.
"The girl pushed you and you fell on the cement floor. You hit your head pretty hard" she explained.
Ugh, you were so mad.
Laur didn't even give you a chance to fight back, or else her face would look worse than yours.
The nurse gave you a ice pack to put on your head and left you with your thoughts.
All you could think about was Shawn standing their watching. Literally doing nothing. Basically enjoying it like the rest of the crowd.
Your thoughts got interrupted by Anna coming through the door.
When she saw your face her mouth dropped open.
"Oh my god! Hannah! Are you okay?" She asked rushing over to the table.
"Yeah, I guess" you said said holding your black eye.
"Once I put my hands on that slut she won't know what hit her" Anna snapped.
You laughed.
"No it's okay Anna. Thank you, but I don't want you getting in trouble for me"
Anna sat down next to you.
"Yeah, Laur got suspended for a week" she said.
You felt relief flush over you.
"Good" you said.
"And I'm sorry about Shawn" Anna frowned.
The thought of him telling you how much you meant to him and kissing you then watching you get your face beat in made you cringe.
"How do you know about that?" You asked anna.
"Once the principle rushed you off to the nurse, Shawn walked away with Laur. You didn't know?" She asked.

your heart fell to your stomach.

How could he Do that? After telling you how much you meant to him? How could he just do that to you?

A tear rolled down your cheek and Anna hugged you.

"I'm so sorry Hannah"

"Me too"