Chapter 17

After school You invited Anna over to hangout. You arrived at your house and hung out in your living room. "Wow, your house is huge, and you have a Range Rover? How?!" she said admiring all the antiques in the room. "My dad is a business Man, he's never home but he's pretty wealthy" You said. For some reason You hated talking about your dad, you loved him to death but when he's gone theirs always a patch of bitterness towards him, he never comes home and barley did for holidays, you're only a teenager. How does he expect you to basically live on your own? You asked yourself. "Wow you're lucky" Anna said. You rolled your eyes but not to where she could see. "Hey,you hungry?" You asked getting up from the couch. "Starving" she said following you to the kitchen. You made some sandwiches and chips and you and Anna digged in, you were eating when you heard a knock on the door. You got Up to answer it leaving Anna to eat her food. You walked to the door and opened it to find Shawn standing on your porch. "Um, Shawn?" You asked, knowing you haven't talked to him in a month or so. "Hey Hannah" he said. "Hi.." You said back.
You both stood their in a awkward silence until he broke it. "Um, can I come in?" He asked. "Uh, um I have a frien-"
"Hannah! Who was at the door!?" Anna said coming up behind you with a sandwich in her mouth. Until she realized Shawn was standing in my doorway.
"Oh, um. I'll be in your room. I mean, in the other room, uh- because why would I be in your room? That's just weird. Uh okay I'm leaving now" Anna stuttered and all you could do was laugh at how love struck she got by Shawn. She disappeared and Shawn laughed. "Oh, Anna's over, I can come back another time" he said and started to walk away.
"Uh, no it's okay. What did you need?" You asked and he turned back around.
"I was wondering if you wanted to go to a party with me and a couple of my friends Saturday." He said.
...... You stood in silence. Why was he asking you to a party when you haven't talked in forever? And why wasn't he asking laur?
"Oh, um. I'll think about it" you said breaking the awkward silence.
"Okay, and you can bring Anna if she wants to come too" he said.
"Okay, I'll let her know" you said.
"Okay, um. Just text me or whatever. Or just tell me at school, since uh ya know we go to the same school now" he said rambling on. "Uh, I'm gonna go now" he said and turned away and walked back home.
You closed the door and went to find Anna.
"What the fuck Hannah!! Why was Shawn Mendes at your house oh my god!" She said.
You started laughing.
"He's my neighbor!" You explained.
"Oh! So he's your neighbor and you never intended on telling me that?!" She asked.
"Do you like him or something?" You asked.
Her face for serious.
"Um, no. Why would you think that?" She asked not looking you in the eye and began to blush.
"Awh you do!" You said jumping up and down.
"No I don't, well maybe, well no, ugh he's the hottest guy in school?! Who wouldn't like him!?" She asked finally coming clean.
You laughed again.
"Well you're gonna be excited when I tell you he invited me to a party and said I could bring you" you said.
Anna's eyes popped open.
"Oh my god you're serious?!" She said
"Yes!"
"But why?! I didn't think he even knew of my existence?" She asked.
"He knew your name?"
"Oh my god we have to go!"
"Ehh, I told him I'd think about it"
"Are you serious? We have too! He's the most popular guy in school!" She begged.
"Fine. Just for you"...