Chapter 21

A few days passed and it was Monday. You woke up and got ready for school. You decided to not care and just wear sweats and s t-shirt with slide on Nike sandals and a ponytail.

••

Once you arrived at school you went to your locker to put your books in when Anna came up to you.
"Oh my god you'll never believe what just happened!" She practically screamed.
You laughed and guessed.
"Uhm, 5sos is in town?" You joked.
"Ha. Ha. Very funny" she said sarcastically.
"Then what?" You asked shutting you locker and walking with her down the hallway.
"Jack Gilinsky just talked to me!" She squealed.
You felt your throat dry up.
"Oh, um, why is that- uh, why is that so unbelievable?" You asked stuttering.
"Because before I went to that party I didn't even think that group of boys even knew of my existence! Now they're talking to me?"
"You're gorgeous, i don't know why they wouldn't want to talk to you"  you said pushing her shoulder playfully.
"Yeah, but Jack asked for my number! Do you think he's cute? I need opinions" she said.
"Uh, yeah. I think he's alright" you lied.
You didn't want to tell her about you two almost hooking up. She looked so happy and it would crush her.
"Alright, cool! Wanna hangout after school? I need some girl time" she said laughing.
"For sure. I'll meet you at my locker after school.
She agreed and we went our separate ways.
You were heading to chemistry when you bumped into someone. You turned to see Shawn standing in front of you.
"Oh, um sorry I wasn't watching where I was going" you said.
Ever since The kiss you and Shawn haven't talked. He tried texting you a lot but you just ignored him. You needed time to think.
"It's okay." He said reassuring me.
You started to walk away but he ran up and stopped you.
"I've Been texting you Hannah. Why have you been ignoring me?" He asked.
Your heart fell in your chest.

"Shawn. I need time to think."

"How much time?"

"I'll let you know when I figure that out"

You could see the hurt in Shawns eyes.

With that, he turned and walked away..