Chapter 4

You guys started eating dinner when Shawn came down with wet hair ,sweats and a t-shirt on he must have took a shower. He sat down at the table across from you and made small talk with everyone at the table. "So Hannah, what do you like to do for fun?" Manuel asked you. You thought for a second. "Uh, I longboard, surf, play lacrosse, and hangout with my friends mostly" you said. You got upset at the thought of all your friends back in California, especially your best friend Kate. You guys have talked every night since your moved up but you still missed her like crazy. Shawn interrupted your thoughts. "I longboard too" he said. "Maybe we could go boarding together" he suggested. You agreed. You and Shawn were in the middle of a conversation about longboarding when your phone rang. You looked at it and saw Cameron was calling you. "Uh, can I be excused real quick?" You asked. "Of course hunny" Karen said and you walked into the other room. "Hello?" You said Answering your phone. "Hey baby, I was thinking of you and I'm kinda in a bad situation now" he replied. "Oh my god! Cameron! I'm at dinner at the neighbors house I can't sext you right now?!" You said in belief. You and Cameron talked about situating your needs over the phone before you left but obviously not right in the middle of dinner at your neighbors house. "Come on baby" he whined. "Cameron, no" you said sternly. "Okay, I guess I'll just have to do this one on my own" he sighed. You laughed "okay, you do that, I've got to go I love you" you said. "Hey, is your neighbor a boy?" He asked. You froze. "Uh, yeah?" You answered. You could practically hear his jaw clense up over the phone. "Baby, don't worry. All I want is you" you said. "You better" he said. "I love you too, bye baby" he said and hung up. You walked back into the dinning room and all eyes laid in you. "Sorry, it was Cameron" you told your dad. "Who's Cameron?" Aaliyah asked. "Oh, uh he's my boyfriend from back in California" you answered. Shawn clenched his fists together and his jaw got tight. "Are you guys still dating?" Aaliyah asked. "Yeah, he's coming to visit next month, you can meet him" you said and agreed. "Can I be excused?" Shawn said through clenched teeth. Before givin the the Answer he stood up from the table and went upstairs. What was his problem? Was it because I mentioned Cameron? Does Shawn have a thing for me? Oh no, this was all too much..