Chapter - TWENTY NINE

Start from the beginning

So I guess moving out to a much smaller house would raise less eyebrows. So I'm kinda happy to get the fuck out.

I showered and got fully dressed, throwing my hair into a bun. Lip gloss was next, along with a spritz of perfume. I was ready to leave. Our private jet would be leaving at around 5 a.m...so we needed to make it the airport by at least 3:30 a.m., and have everything done around 4:45 a.m. It was exhausting but I suppose it would have to do.

Mecca was apart of my set it off crew now. I figured that since she came all this way to try to find me, from well Andre that she deserved to have a spot somewhere in my heart. She wasn't a Trisha replacement, but I suppose her company would have to do for now.

She was set on seeing her daughter again. Her boyfriend was back in jail once more, and she was telling me..how she loved him but wasn't sure if their relationship was going to work. She wanted to do what was best for her, which I had completely understood. Sometimes, the heart wants what the heart wants.

Josh and I chatted up a bit as we boarded our plane, and packed up our luggage above us. It was set to be a smooth long flight back home. Devon was next to me, listening to music. Mecca was enjoying a magazine, and Josh was somewhere in the back watching television. I snuggled up against the window and fell asleep. 

A few hours later I woke up to Josh and Mecca's chatter. Devon was not by my side. I didn't know where he was on the jet, but it was about to land in twenty minutes. I was ready to get the fuck off this jet. I was going to go STRAIGHT to Herald's Chicken... I missed that fucking place so much plus it was the bomb.com.

Josh waved me over frantically while I stretched. I walked over to him and Mecca.

"Wassup." I say.

Josh looked behind him, as if there were other passengers here. 

"Devon has been fucking weird lately. I think we should find out what he's up to."

Mecca nodded. I agreed. "True, he has but how the hell are we going to do that?" I asked. I mean I'm down for whatever, but i wasn't sure where me and Devon's relationship stood. I just didn't know what to do anymore.

"Do you think that Andre has something to do with it?" Mecca asked, surprising Josh and I.