My first night on patrol was as quiet as ever. First days aren't always easy, however. I soon heard a scream. I wasn't with Yuuki or Zero so I had to check it out myself.

I saw a vampire attacking a Day Class girl. I quickly got out my rapier and killed the beast. The girl fainted and all of the sudden I heard a familiar voice.

"Thank you for protecting this young girl. I'll erase her memory right away then you may take her to the Headmaster's Office."

I turned and saw that it was Kaname.

"No problem," I said in a monotone voice.

Once he was done he left almost as fast as he came. Of course I was left figuring out where the Headmaster's Office was while carrying an unconscious girl in my arms. I couldn't tell my way around all that well yet but soon enough I found the Swan Fountain and found my way from there.

The headmaster thanked me and I was off patrolling again. For some weird reason I felt like I was being watched.

•••

Before I knew it it was morning. I only got three hours of sleep so I started out like a sloth.

Headmaster told Yuuki, Zero, and I that we didn't have to go to classes today. He wanted us to go into town to get some supplies for him. Before I knew it it was time to head back but I saw Yuuki wander off without telling Zero or I a word. I decided to follow her to see where she was heading.

I saw her following a boy with a red balloon. I couldn't see his face but I could tell something was up. They went up stairs that lead to the top of the clock tower. When I was a few flights behind her I heard a scream and quickened my pace.

When I reached the top I saw Yuuki being surrounded by five Level E vampires. She had her weapon out but I could see her trembling with fear. Moments later I saw her collapse. When the beasts noticed my presence they all looked at me with red luster in their eyes. Two headed towards me but I quickly sliced them to ash with Sunlight. The remaining three took a step back. I didn't give them any mercy.

I took care of two with another swift swing from my rapier and one was left. It was the little boy Yuuki was following. So it was a Level E. I honestly felt a little bad for it. Such a small child to have such a horrible fate.

But it was a little boy no more.

"Get away from her!" I screeched.

Yuuki was starting to wake up. I quickly got to her side and defended her. When she regained consciousness I told her to quickly leave and not look back. She looked scared but did as I asked. I delt with the creature for what seemed like minutes. It was too fast to make a clean cut. Any cut I made healed instantly.

Soon it scratched me in the arm, leaving a deep cut. All of the sudden I felt the freezing cold on the wound, but it was hot in town not freezing. I didn't know how I felt this odd sensation but I had to concentrate. I did a spinning attack to stall it but it was no good. I decided to take a big step.

"If you want me, come and get me," I snarled. It began to charge at me and I ran straight out of the clock tower.

The Level E was now freefalling in the air, having no where to run now. I did two slashes and the Level E turned to ash. I grinned, satisfied with my kill.

I then realized that I was falling out of the three story clock tower. Was I going to die like this? To my suprise I was caught by Kaname.

"You should be more careful," he said.

I sighed. "I did it on purpose so when it was in the air it couldn't use its speed."

The Pureblood set me down on my own two feet.

"Very clever." He noticed the cut on my arm. "We should deal with that cut. Let's head back to the academy."

"What about Yuuki and Zero?" I asked.

"They're already on their way back." He held his hand out. I hesitated but soon took it, the sooner we got back the better.

It felt wierd holding his hand. I felt like I did this before, but where? I'd never met Kaname before arriving at the academy, yet when I held his hand I felt something on the inside.

My vision suddenly started to black out from the sides and I lost conciousness.

•••

I was holding a boys hand as we ran through a flower patch. I was laughing so hard my face was bright red. I stopped abruptly and started to pick a batch of daisies, holding a handful of them up to the boy seconds later.

"Here you go nii-san!" I giggled.

He smiled at me. "Thank you so much, Sakura." He kissed me on the top of my head and I smiled.

"We should be heading home soon. Mother and father will be worried."

I looked up but I didn't see his eyes. They were covered by his dark brown hair.

"Ok..." I said a little disappointed.

•••

When I woke up I noticed I was in a white bed. This must've been the infirmary. I turned my head to see Yuuki and Kaname on the other side of my bed.

"Thanks for saving me," Yuuki said as she twiddled with her fingers. "I sure would've been a goner, heh..."

"It's no problem." I said as I looked at my arm before sending a smile her way. "I only got a cut."

"Kaname said you fainted when you were walking back to the academy. When the nurse checked you out she said there was nothing wrong with you."

"Oh? Guess I was lucky."

I now remembered. Kaname asked me for his hand and after that I fainted. Did holding his hand make me faint because he was a vampire? But what about that dream? Was it some sort of memory?

"I should be getting back to the Moon Dorms. Hope you get better, Sakura," Kaname said.

"Thanks."

I looked at him clearly for a moment before the door shut. He was tall and had red-brown eyes. But that wasn't all I noticed.

He had dark brown hair almost covering his eyes.

The Kuran Princess (1)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें