12. In The Bathroom

Start from the beginning

"Don't say another word," Aiden whispered, his hands balling into fists as his body tremored thanks to the memories of that night having rushed back to him all at once. "I know what I did, okay? I replay that night over and over in my head. It's not like I want to relive it, but..." Aiden shook his head as if that was going to clear his mind. It didn't. "Fuck. I can't talk about this right now. What's done is done and I don't want to hear anything else about it."

Before Julian could say another word, the limo finally came to a stop.

Aiden flew out of the car with a quickness. Julian, slightly taken aback by Aiden's half-assed confession that their kiss was still something that he thought about, hastily followed after him.

The two walked the red carpet while cameras snapped various pictures of them. Aiden had on his best poker face and even stopped long enough to smile and wave for the audience.

"Mr. Grayson, over here!"

"You look stunning, Mr. Grayson! Who are you wearing tonight?"

"Mr. Grayson, are you single?"

"Do you have any comments about Little Town's article, Mr. Grayson?"

Aiden continued down the red carpet, part of him wondering how people might react if Julian had been his date for the evening. He wondered what everyone's reaction would be if they had gotten out of the limo together and walked the carpet hand in hand. Like a couple.

What the fuck am I thinking? I can't have that. I can't have him. Aiden cursed under his breath once he got inside the building, hurriedly dismissing the thought as he made a beeline for the bar.

Julian wasn't too far behind when he got ready to open his mouth to tell Aiden that he should take it easy, being that he's already partially wasted, but after thinking about it for a second, he decided to keep quiet out of fear of starting up another pointless argument. Like Aiden, Julian also didn't want to bring any unwanted attention to the two of them.

He just really, really wished that Aiden hadn't made him tag along with him this evening. Julian would much rather be at home flirting with the cute blonde that Aiden hired for the extra security, Clayton Benton. Julian wasn't at all serious about the new guy, but he did welcome Clayton as an easy distraction while he tried to sort out the problematic feelings that he held for Aiden.

"If you're going to babysit me, I suggest you do it from the other end of the bar," Aiden said before Julian could take the seat next to him. Julian sighed, quickly moving to the opposite end of the bar. "Pour me something strong, beautiful." Aiden smiled at the bartender. "Give me something that'll put some hair on my chest."

"Are you saying that you currently don't have any hair on your chest?" The pretty bartender teased, smiling back.

"If you'd like, I can show you exactly what's underneath this suit and tie, baby," Aiden replied to the brunette, boldly checking her out. "What do you say to that, gorgeous?"

"I'd say that my name is Lacey and I'm not that easy." The bartender poured Aiden a drink, pretending to not be interested in him. "You'll have to try harder than that if you want to get with me, pretty boy."

"Challenge accepted." Aiden winked at the girl, and out of the corner of his eye, he noticed that Julian had also already made a new friend tonight. Another man. Someone that he seemed to be in deep conversation with. Aiden took a small swig from his glass and then discreetly began to pay closer attention after Lacey walked over to serve Julian and his new friend.