Chapter One "Thief!"

A black shadow flashed in front of the darkened window. The store owner looked up briefly and then looked back down at his work. There was a few moments of silence but the man could sense that something was off. He got up and started checking all the door and window locks. When he was satisfied that they were all secure he returned to his work.

The dark shadow passed the window upstairs. The thief cursed herself for not entering in time. It would be dangerous to use her powers. Especially since she didn't know how to control them, but she needed to get inside. She carefully reached inside herself and called up a breath of wind. The wind was not outside, however; but inside. The lock blew up with a click allowing her to slip inside. Like a cat she moved down the stairs and onto the main floor. She knew her way around well; after all this wasn't the first time she had broken into this shop. She slipped into the back room and began to look hurriedly through the medicine filled cabinets.

"I gotcha!"

She whirled around to find the shopkeeper standing directly in the doorway.

"I'm not letting you steal from me again!" He bellowed in anger.

She panicked. Panicking was not a good thing for a inexperienced elemental bearer to do. A gust of wind blew towards the man sending him flying. Not only did he go flying, but so did most of the wall. The thief gasped at her mistake. She grabbed what she came for and made a hasty exit out the way she had entered.

************************************

"Hey!" Kai shouted. "It is not my turn to do the dishes!"

"That's what you said last time it was your turn," Jay said putting his hands on his hips.

"Would you two quiet down?" Cole said in exasperation.

"He isn't doing his job again," Jay said pointing at Kai. "Besides what do you have to complain about? You have been removed from dish washing duty for good."

"That's because I can't touch water, dumbell," Cole shot back.

"Enough!" Lloyd said facepalming. "You can both do the dishes."

"Wha-" Jay started.

"Do as Lloyd says," Sensei Wu said.

"Ya know," Kai said, "I remember a time when we got to tell him what to do."

"Good times," Jay said following Kai into the kitchen.

"I swear they fight like children," Lloyd said shaking his head.

"You all fight like children," Sensei said sipping his tea.

"Hey! We do not," Kai shouted from the other room.

"Actually," Nya said slowly.

"Thanks for the backup, Sis," Kai said sarcastically.

"Why must every evening be like this?" Misako said coming out of the kitchen, "I swear it's like I have seven children instead of just one."

"Seven?" Wu asked, "there are only six ninja."

"I think she is counting you too, Uncle," Lloyd said laughing. Wu just stared for a minute and then started laughing. Within a few minutes everyone was laughing.

"We may fight like cats and dogs but in the end we are all family," Wu said still laughing.

At that moment the telephone began to ring. Lloyd waved everyone off and picked it up.

"Lloyd Garmadon speaking," he said. "Uh huh. Wait, why are you calling the ninja over this? Can't the police handle it?"

Everyone looked at Lloyd expectantly as he continued to speak with whoever it was on the phone. Even Kai and Jay shut up and tried to listen.

"Thank you, we will be right over," Lloyd said finishing the conversation.

"What's going on, Lloyd?" Nya asked.

"There was a break in at the New Ninjago Pharmacy," Lloyd explained.

"Why are they calling us for that?" Zane asked.

"Because it wasn't a typical break in," Lloyd said furrowing his brow. "The shopkeeper said the thief had strange powers."

"Wait," Jay said, "I'm confused."

"Well, the faster we get there," Zane said, "the faster we can clear this up."

"Well said, Zane," Cole said. "Let's go."

"We don't all need to go," Lloyd said, "Zane and Cole with me. The rest can stay here."

"What? Why?" Kai and Jay said in unison.

"Because you have dishes to do," Lloyd smirked and exited the building.

"Ugh," Kai grunted. Jay just whined.

"Lloyd, what do you think they are talking about when they say powers?" Cole asked while powering up his dragon.

"I don't know, Cole," Lloyd answered. "Zane can have Pixal analyze the scene when we arrive."

"Pixal may not necessarily pick up any clues as to what type of power this is," Zane cautioned.

No one answered him. They all mused over the situation silently. This was an interesting call and they all needed to stay on their guard. Hopefully it wasn't ghosts this time.

Next: Chapter Two: An Interesting Situation.

Hey everyone! This is my first Ninjago fanfic. I've written fanfics for other things but they are currently not on wattpad. Please tell me what you think in the comment section and vote! Enjoy!! -LL_17