"Can I ask how old you are?" His eyes curious.

"I'll tell you, but you better not be back in your little 'pharmacist tower' making fun of me with the other lab coat wearing people." I reply, seriously.

"You have my word." He replies, grinning.

"Twenty- three." I answer, quietly looking at the floor.

I hear him laugh. I huff, still looking at the ground and walk past him. He stops me by putting his hand on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry again. You're just so cute. You're so sweet and innocent. Your blonde hair, blue eyes and blushing cheeks are so beautifully refreshing, it's a rare site to see." He states studying my face.

I hold up the box of condoms. "Obviously, not that innocent."

"You're still innocent." He disagrees. "Are you and your man serious?" I'm shocked at his question. I'm buying condoms. It's that not an indication enough?

"I wouldn't be sleeping with him if it wasn't serious." I say, taken back.

He runs his fingers through his hair. "I didn't mean it like that. I just....I like talking to you, you're interesting. You're a very honest person it's different. I would have never forgiven myself if I didn't ask if you two were serious."

"Well, we are." I state, quietly.

He nods his head. "He's a very lucky man."

"Thank you." I respond, getting over the awkwardness.

"I can ring you up at the counter." He replies, walking behind the swinging door to stand behind the cash register. I notice that the brunette by the drive through window is watching us intently.

I pay for the condoms and as I'm about to thank him again for his help be holds out his hand to me. "I'm Bryan Singer, by the way."

"Adelaide Pickett, thanks again for your help." I say, shaking his hand.

"Nice to meet you, Adelaide."

"Nice to meet you too. Take care." I reply, releasing his hand and turning to leave.

"Wait. Can I give you my number just in case you and your boyfriend don't work out? I know I sound desperate but...Well, I am." He adds, grinning.

I shake my head no. "I know where to find you." I say and turn to leave.

He was a very nice man. If I wasn't with Paxton I would have taken a chance on him. He is the first guy to actually show interest in me besides Paxton. I walk to my truck and tuck the box of condoms in my purse. Now, I'm ready for Mr. West and his carnal pleasures.

I drive home and when I exit the truck I see my father and bothers. They're smiling and joking. What did I miss?

Walking up to them I ask, "What's going on?"

"Mr. West called he's coming over tonight with the deed to the farm. He said he's giving it to us free and clear, as a gift. We asked why, but he said he'd like to talk about it tonight." Trevor answers.

"Yeah, we invited everyone over for a barbeque, to celebrate. Plus, Liam told us at lunch that were going to be uncle's!" Brent adds.

"Now, that we're all here. I want to ask all of you to keep this from your mother. She's never been happy here, I don't want her to feel like she has to come home because we have the farm back." He explains.

"Please, I hope she stays away. Good riddance, if you ask me." Trevor grumbles.

We all ignore him and I walk to the house to take a shower. I don't want to smell when people start to arrive. After my shower I put on a white sun dress that Ashley, Liam's wife bought me for my birthday. I compete the outfit with my nest pair of brown beat up cowboy boots.