"Good timing about that Ashley, i was thinking the same, and so i think we will be playing truth or dare later on in his party. Except that maybe we could do it alone since you want to know about me." I didn't want to deal with all the questions that she might ask. As soon as she heard that we are going to be playing truth or dare later, her face went down.

Back to the silence.

++

"Okay so, do not accept any drinks from anybody, I believe you are smart enough to know this." I said, trying to be the boyfriend. Before i turned back to the entrance to enter Conner's house, i saw Ashley small rolling of eyes. I smirk at that sight.

I decided to leave Ashley alone as i want to go around mixing around, after all I'm not good at sticking at one conner just accompanying someone.

Although fifteen minutes has passed, i felt like i was missing something so i decided to find Ashley.

"Hey you seen Ashley around?" I ask conner.

"She is in the guest room, she seems bored. Also, since we talk about you, she asked me who was special to you last time." He pauses, "I feel like you should let go of Alexis bro, look, Ashley is also a fine girl isn't she. You may be playing a game on her now, but you can always cancel it and really focus on Ashley. Try to fall in love, and even if you don't, you can just talk things out with her." Conner was in an all serious tone and i knew he is really caring about me.

"Maybe. I know you mean well for me. But i will figure things out." I shrug and went to the room Ashley is in.

As soon as i went in, Ashley was there holding her phone, her phone is auto-locking, it was dim, but more importantly she was sleeping. Seriously, sleeping here, anyone could come in. I took her phone and saw text messages, before it auto locked, i saw my name. Is she talking about me, should have tap on the screen to read more.

I picked her up and lay her on my back. "Bro, hang out at my house later, pretty sure she drank alcohol. Come after your party ended. Also, when you come, she is probably awake, we will play truth or dare."

"Sure. Would be glad to." He pats my shoulder.

//

When i reach my house, i carried her up the stairs to my room. She started fidgeting, still deep in sleep. Stupid girl, why did i even choose you for the game.

"Cole, you know, you should let go." Conner says in an all serious tone and i knew what he was referring to. "I am pretty sure Alexis wouldn't want you to keep on hurting people all over again. I know i have been saying this every time you have a target for your game, but think of Alexis, she wouldn't want you to be doing this. She wants you to be happy." I know he meant good for me, but is it that easy?

"Look at Ashley, she's good. Everything about her is good. And i could see you being happy with her, i notice, you look genuinely happy Cole. Maybe you should stop using the excuse of the promise you made to Alexis to put away love." He shrugs.

"I don't know. Will Alexis forgive me if i broke the promise?"

"She will. I believe she will. She would want happiness for you. Cole, she isn't here anymore." His voice a little softer.

"Let's stop here. I will think about it." I smile, thinking about Ashley, should i really stop hurting people just because of me being hurt.

"Where am I?" Ashley sat up.

"You are currently at my house, fret not, i informed your parents." There was an emotion in her eyes, worried. Worried about what actually? I already informed her parents, or was she worried about the message. I don't even know what is it about, i only saw my name.

"Why can't you bring me back home?" She whines.

"Oh well, that would just be wasted. And I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want your parents to know you drank alcohol."

"I did? I thought i fell asleep." She says while searching through her memories.

"Yup you did drank alcohol. Didn't i ask you not to randomly take drinks?"

"Well, I did, maybe if someone was there to guide me on where is the non-alcoholic drink, I wouldn't be here." She rolls her eyes so i gave her a shrug, not wanting to talk so much.

"Let's play then. Ladies first, truth or dare?"

[ a/n ; sorry for the super long update !! been busy with my new school and all. I am currently in tertiary education and its my first year. Only been there 1 month yet i can feel the stress already, i have exams 2 weeks later (shag) ;-; therefore pardon me for the long updates. i haven't been able to find the time to write and all. but holidays are coming soon which indicates me having time to write and all. ]