XV. The Bucket & The Crystal

Tap. Tap.

Footsteps. I could hear someone creeping up to me, and I hoped that they wouldn't kill me.

Tap. Tap.

I felt someone tapping me on the shoulder.

"What? What?" I opened my eyes slowly and saw Lady Savil.

"Let's skip the whole part where you doubt yourself seeing this and ask if this is just a dream, alright?"

That sufficed to catch my attention. I was offended, but I, in fact, was doubting myself and I was going to ask if it was a dream, so I could not really hold a grudge.

"Alright."

"I'm coming to tell you what the next piece is. It's a red-hot crystal."

"A...a red-hot crystal? What for the sake of life is that?"

"Don't swear on life, because you don't have it," she smirked. "You'll have to find out by yourself, love," she added and blew me a kiss.

My eyes widened and suddenly I doubted reality. I didn't remember Lady Savil being this...flirty, I guess would be the appropriate word.

"Don't call me love! I...I have a lover!"

"And who is it, dear?" I was beginning to get sick of her smirks.

"It's...it's..." Who was anyone that I knew? Anyone?

"It's Leppa!"

I'm your lover? Wow, Appel, I'm flattered.

She started laughing.
"You little pathetic Apple you! In love with a voice in your head, huh. Great." And still while laughing, she disappeared.

"Wait! It's not true! It was...it was a lie!"

She reappeared. "No lying in this realm. Don't do it again or I'll have to punish you."

"Understood."

"Understood who?"

"Understood Lady Savil."

"Good." She disappeared.

"Wait! Aren't you mad because...well, because I broke the stone?"

"Are you joking? No, I'm not mad." She laughed. "I wanted to see if you were willing to disobey to finish your quest."

Do you think this is reality, Leppa? I don't think anything could get worse. I've died twice already, I've told Lady Savil that I love you and on top of all, I can't continue my quest!

Great job, Appel. Honestly. But don't you really love me?

Shut your mouth.

A red-hot crystal, huh. Where would I find these? I was sure Lady Savil never said anything about them, and I for sure did not learn anything about Apple Lleh in the Small Apple Organization, let alone about red-hot crystals. Maybe Leppa would know.

What is a crystal, Leppa? Where can I find them?

I thought you wanted me to shut it. He giggled.

I did, but...can you please tell me what a crystal is?

Well they form in hot liquids, when that liquid experiences cold. Then the liquid freezes, and usually makes ice, but sometimes it makes crystals. It's a question of luck, really. You have luck, so you should be sweet.

Hm. Alright. So I just need to find a hot liquid and then fish a crystal out. No biggie. No biggie at all.

You're being sarcastic right?