X. The Confusion & The Death

What would I do now? I couldn't communicate with the Living Apples, but I needed to tell them what happened. I didn't know anything about this world. I didn't know how to survive. I would probably die in less than a few Hours. I would die.

The word echoed in my mind. I was still scared of death, because I didn't know what would happen. I technically already was dead, how would I now die again? Would I just stay there? Or maybe I would actually just live again, in the World of Dead Apples? Maybe I would disappear into the darkness. Maybe I would float forever. Or maybe...

Would I come back to the Living? That would be a crazy piece of luck! It would be amazing!

I think your luck's ran out though, Appel.

Leppa was right. I had so much luck while finding the ingredients of the ritual. Someday, that luck had to run out. I don't think there's anyone that has luck his whole life. Since luck is a luck-based thing, it can't be there forever. I guess technically it could, but you would need to have crazy luck for your luck to always be positive. Which of course, is luck based again.

I think that's kind of an endless cycle, Appel.

It is, but life is an endless cycle. Apples die and drop seeds, which, if they're not picked up, grow Trees that create new Apples. I guess Pplae was right when he submitted a theory to what happens when an Apple dies. There technically is a chance for the dead Apple to turn into a Tree, isn't there?

I guess.

I walked around for a bit, thinking about what I would do next. I had to find something to do. A plan. Or even just an occupation. I had to do something.
My arms twitched in agreement. They needed to be occupied as well.

Under a Tree, there was a little patch, almost a carpet, of colourful flowers. It flashed in blue, orange, yellow, purple, all kinds of colours. I liked it, and so sat inside it.

What are you doing, Appel?

I think it's quite obvious.

I looked around for a bit, and quite enjoyed the landscape. Mountains and hills, bright and happy plains, the occasional white flower dotting the light green grass. My fingers twitched again, they needed to move.

I decided to trot around the plains for a bit. If I was to stay here forever, I needed to get to know this world. I had to build myself a shelter, secure from all pink creatures.

Although, on second thought, maybe I shouldn't build a shelter. The creatures would have an easier time spotting me, plus they wouldn't find it hard to break into a little shack. I didn't have either the possibility or the capacity to build something resistant. I could maybe gather some wood, and pile it up so that I had four walls and a roof, but I doubted my ability to build, and these creatures looked tall enough to stomp on my shelter and destroy it with a single hit.

Maybe you shouldn't be absorbed in your thoughts as much, Appel.

Why?

I didn't realize that I had looked at the ground for so long, and I directed my eyes upwards. And there, I saw a pink creature.

Again, it wasn't completely pink; it was covered in layers purple and blue; but I still recognized it as a pink creature. I stared at the creature. It had strange stuff that looked like straw on top of his head, but it was dark, almost black. On its - what I assumed was - feet, it wore a brown and very resistant looking layer. It was very close to me, but as the grass was tall where I was standing, it hadn't spotted me. Yet.

Appel! Run!!

Oh? That's right, I need to run.

I gave the creature one final look and ran away. I tried to stay inside the tall grass, but the creature had spotted me, as I felt the ground vibrate under the creature's heavy steps. Unfortunately for me, these steps were also quite quick and covered a lot of distance. My best sprint would not outrun this thing.

I stopped running. It was useless. I could just sacrifice myself now. The creature would catch me sooner or later, so I could just make it a quick and painless death. The creature grabbed me, and rubbed it's probably dirty fingers all over me. I shuddered.

Appel!! Do you have a problem?! You could've saved yourself!

I wouldn't have been able to, Leppa.

Then, when it took the first bite, I finally knew what it was like being eaten. It was painful. Luckily I wasn't a very big Apple. I would probably be two or three bites for this creature.

The juice trickled down my skin, and went onto the fingers of the creature. It held me away for a few seconds while it put its own fingers into its mouth. It looked like it was eating them, but I was pretty sure that it wasn't eating itself. All while I was still in pain, from my flesh being exposed and my skin being in shreds.

I forgot all about how it happened. All I remember is the pain. Burning, red-hot pain, and the occasional cool flow of the juice.

And suddenly I was floating again. Was I now going to float for the rest of my life?

Apparently not, because I fell. And fell. And fell.
The falling was longer than it was the first time. I didn't know what was happening. But apparently Leppa was still with me because he was constantly yelling at me that it was my fault that we died. It was probably what kept my conscious during that crazy fall.

My ears kept ringing, the air blew at my arms, all in all, it wasn't a pleasant experience.

And suddenly, I hit the ground. I had closed my eyes, so I slowly opened them, and saw red. The whole world was red.

LEPPA! I'm scared! Where are we?

I don't know, Appel.

"Who are you, and what are you doing in this realm?" A booming voice asked.

WHO IS THAT?!
I was panicking, and I knew it.

Don't scream, Appel. Don't scream. Don't panic, don't panic don't panic don't panic don't panic. Everything's going to be alright. Everything.

***************
A/N
***************
Hey people!
Second death already. I know the story is progressing pretty quickly, but I don't know how to further develop it. The whole thing with Leppa already wasn't planned >_<
What do you think about the story so far? I really want to know, because I've tried out new stuff in this story, I don't know if I've done it well so OPINIONS PLEASE. Thank you.

The music, if anyone even listens to it, is Galantis' Call If You Need Me.

Thanks so much for reading :) if you like it so far, please do click that vote button. Thank you.
Enjoy your life & don't die,
~Fourminette