❦ 1 - Symphony

*Melody*

I peeked out into the hall and saw as it was all empty.

I smiled quietly and got my violin case and on my bare feet quietly hurried to the stairs that would lead me to the roof of the orphanage.

I smiled at the night sky, letting the cool air blow through my dark hair.

My name is Melody Hayes. I am turning 15 soon. I am very short for my age, about 4'10 if I'm correct. My hair is a very dark brown, almost black color, and I'm naturally pale, my eyes a very sky blue.

My hobbies and interests include playing my violin or piano, reading. I love classical music, as well as rock music, I also enjoy ballet, my favorite color is mint green, my favorite show is Once Upon a Time, and my favorite animals are cats and snakes. I also like spiders, but not THAT much. Yet apparently I am brave enough to hold one, even a reclusive one I found once in the orphanage.

Never understood what's so scary about them, though. They seem interesting, and unique, and sometimes cute.

I've been living in an orphanage since my mother abandoned me here. I know nothing of my father.

I took out my violin and bow, tuned my violin a little before placing it on my shoulder and placing my bow on the string, playing a little tune I've been working on, moving my legs and slowly dancing to the rhythm.

I played my heart into the tune as the night listened.

I then stopped playing and realized I was crying.

I sighed, wiping at my eyes.

One thing about me, nobody wants to be my friends, nobody is kind to me, nobody even wants to adopt me once they meet me.

Sometimes, I don't blame them, but wanting someone to love you shouldn't be too much to ask, should it?

I sighed and put my violin and bow away, and lock the case with the key around my neck and hurry back before I'm caught.

I hide my case under my bed and crawl into bed, holding my old stuffed bunny, Star, and let myself fall asleep.

~~~

Picture: Melody

So, here's a sneak peek of a story I will soon be working on once I finish my Love Kills story.

Let me know what you think. Leave some feedback and let me know if you want more.

♡~ S.V.A. ^.^=