2.5

🎵 Honest by the neighborhood

"I wanted to, but the words never came."
m a i s y

I thrashed around hot from the covers that clinged to my legs. I sat up, out of breath  pulling at Harry's shirt that stuck to my skin. Lazily, I clambered out of bed to look for him, I made it downstairs and their was absolutely no sign from him.

I sat at the counter, eating a bowl of cereal. I looked outside watching the birds fly from tree to tree. A simple action that could carry them anywhere they truly wished to go, but the thing was they never flew too far from their nest, they always came back, they stayed in the boundaries they placed for themselves. I think that's how I treated myself with Harry, I could leave if I truly wanted to... but I chose to stay. I choose to stay. They were fly away birds, but fly away birds always come back, this I knew.

I was disrupted by my thoughts when the door opened, revealing a very disheveled Harry. His brown curls clung to his skin that glistened with sweat. He wore nothing but shorts and a pair of sneakers. His body toned and sculpted to show how fit he really was. My eyes made their way back up to his face, he gave me a simple smile showing off his signature dimples, that I had grown very fond of.

"Good morning love. You're up early, I left you a note on the fridge." He greeted.

A small frown etched on my face, instinctively my head turned to the fridge where I saw a small yellow note attached. I walked over slowly until I could read the words.

Gone for a run be back soon
Love, H

I smiled softly, "of course, I saw it I just didn't realize when you left so I was worried that's all."

"We should do something today! There's a fair tonight starts at five, it's about half an hour a way. There'll be music and games, rides....we should go." He suggested.

I thought about his offer, it was always nice leaving the house, "yeah I think that'd be fun, I'd love to go Harry."

"Really? You sure? We can always do something else if you'd like..." He trailed off.

I shook my head, "nope, I really want to go to the fair! " I exclaimed.

"Then it's settled...I'm gonna take a shower, I'll be out in a few." He smiled heading up the stairs.

I returned to looking outside, I watched as the birds flew from branch to branch. Then they took off again soaring though the sky, but fly away birds always come back, this I knew.

I got up placing my dish in the sink, I washed it serving it in the rack to dry. I walked towards the small library Harry had installed upon my arrival. It was one of my favorite places to relax, something about all the knowledge, and layering stories that surrounded me...brought along comfort.

I picked up a particular book, it was a deep darker shade of red, wine colored, with old tattered pages that stuck to the binding, it was beautiful. I started reading and was captured in a world unlike this, something better, more unimaginable than flying cars. The dialogue, and plot so engraved with rich metaphors it brought tears to my eyes. I closed the book gently pressing it to my chest, hoping that when I was old I could be as beautiful as the piece of art I held in my arms.