0.4

Small authors note: aye guys, remember to answer my "question of the chapter." Also monster is almost at 100 reads!!! Yay -ozzie

🎵 Giants by bear hands
🎵 Hearts beating faster by Ferry Corsten

"I feel completely inferior to you."
  m a i s y

"Oh god no, I can't wear that!" I whined staring at the black fabric that had way to many holes in Dana's hand.

"No? And why not, it would make you look so hot." She teased.

"Uh it's September and I don't need to look hot, I want to be comfortable and I know I can't dance in that while looking classy. I just can't. I don't even have the body... I mean look at me-"

Dana shook her short blonde hair in defiance, "I am. You have a cute little body, I don't know why you're self conscious. Just let me pick out an outfit."

"Do you even realize how long I've dreamed of the opportunity to doll you up? Do you? Just let me have this moment, pretty please maisy!" She whined.

I sat there in silence for a few short seconds before letting out a deep breath. I gave her a small smile.

"Fine, I'll let you have your moment."

Her eyes lit up in excitement. She searched diligently before she pulled out another three black items. I was skeptical but I was willing to give it a try. I stripped from my boring clothes and slipped into everything she gave me. As I looked into the mirror my jaw actually dropped.

I was showing a lot of skin, but this outfit made me appear older, more sophisticated. The oversized black blazer covered most of the skirt I had on. It was slightly open and showed bit of my black bralette. It elongated my legs ending on my thigh.

I never really saw myself in this light, I usually wore soft colors and things that made me blend in, jeans and skirts that went to my knees, fuzzy jumpers. I liked blending in and being comfortable, it made everything so simple.

If my parents saw me I would actually be dead, they would never approve. I can already hear my mothers incessant nagging "This isn't something appropriate a proper young woman wear." "This isn't something a valedictorian would wear."

But they aren't here, maybe I need a little freedom. Do I? What if I people think I look like I'm trying to hard? Before I could question myself Dana dragged me over to her vanity. I trusted her to make me look good.  I tucked my hands into the pockets and felt something.

When I pulled out my hands I realized they were matches, I sent her a frown, "Dana you told me you quit"

She gasped, "I did quit. I don't smoke pot anymore those are for my candles and essence sticks, I'm offended you jumped to conclusions."

"Well I'm sorry I just don't want you going down that path again."

"Okay mom." she teased, "Now moving on to the hair"

She brushed my hair slightly letting it hang on the sides naturally. I felt numerous brushes on my skin. After several minutes she pulled back with a satisfied look in her blue eyes. A small gasp left my lips. The girl in the mirror looked confident, it was like a whole different person. My eyes were slightly smoky with a bit of mascara and the a subtle pink gloss on my lips made them sparkle.

"You like?" Dana asked.

"Like? I love, you are a true artist. I really do love it, I can't believe it, who would have thought a little bit of makeup and clothes could make me feel so confident." I confessed.