1.7

🎵sweet emotion by the kooks

m a i s y

Deep hues of purple and black fused together across the sky against the buildings of LA. I persistently tugged at the creamy white material of my cocktail dress, trying not to expose any more of my legs than I had to. As Harry's eyes raked over me I'm pretty sure even he questioned why he would ever buy me such a stunning dress to wear in public. He was so protective sometimes, I actually liked that in a way.

"Stay close." He whispered into my ear.

I nodded trailing closely behind him, I certainly didn't want to lose him in the mess of perspiring bodies and alcohol. His tall stature towered over mine by a foot. We sat at the bar and I watched as he drummed his fingers along the side impatiently waiting to be served.

"You're figedty." I noted.

A small smirk formed on his face, " I could make you fidgety."

A blush of embarrassment began to show in my cheeks as I contemplated over his statement, " I... No, no that's okay."

Finally after a very unbearable, too long of a wait, a bartender approached us. Her hair was slicked back into a ponytail, and she wore a small smile on her face, that seemed pretty genuine.

"What can I get you two?" She asked.

"I'll have a shot of rum" Harry responded smoothly.

"And for you?"

"She'll have a-"

"Water, I'll have a water please." I interjected.

Harry gave me a small glare but said nothing. As she took off to get our drinks, Harry turned to face me.

"Water?" He stated.

"Yes water, I want to be more alert."

"Why do you not think I can protect y-"

Instantly I grabbed his collar bring his lips dangerously close to mine, "why are you so defensive. It doesn't have anything to do with you it's about me and my preferences, what my limits are. What I can handle, there is not a doubt in my mind, for a single second that you wouldn't be able to protect me."

He smiled at my response and let out a sigh of relief.

"Good I thought maybe you were-still cautious or I don't know...."

"I like you, you idiot." I whispered before he leaned in the remaining space so that our lips could touch

It was like a spark of energy, soft pink lips met mine for a second or two before I pulled back. Harry seemed like he wanted more but this is what I could give him now and he seemed okay as long as I was comfortable.

"You...are you okay? I'd like for you to be more open with me and not so closed off." He asked.

He got up pulling me to the floor we danced I was surprisingly a thousand times better than the first time we danced which made me happy. I wrapped by arms around his neck and he held me close against him.  After a few minutes we returned to our seats at the bar.

"You seem so all the time." I said, observing his posture.

He opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted by a loud ringing. Harry gave me an apologetic look before he answered it.

"Styles...yeah. No don't send for the shipment until Friday-no... Yes...If i have to tell you again I'll..." He glanced at me before turning my way.