twenty four

I went to school the next day refreshed and with a new outlook on the ending of my friendship with Rose. It was almost the end of the school year after school and I didn't want the rumor she started to affect my outlook on the next years of high school or finals. I had Niall and Harry by my side and I needed to focus on my grades instead of what people were saying about me. Friends come and go and despite our time as friends I had to let her go.

The whole school day did feel a little lonely though. I talked to a lot more people than I thought I would but it was for the best that way. I was so used to having Rose by my side being her friend that I didn't realize the person I was being to other people. Without her I was able to break out of my shell a little. She was always forcing me to socialize with people and now I felt like I could easily do it all on my own. I felt a new scene of confidence and independence now that her and I weren't friends.

I sat down at the lunch table and waited to meet Niall there. He was taking me out for lunch today so I didn't have to see Rose and I really appreciated it. I saw her at lunch yesterday and she seemed so sad and alone it made me feel guilty. Niall was worried that if I saw her like that all the time I would start to feel really, really bad and start being friends with her again. He understood the way I felt about her so well and understood the way I really treated people.

"Ready", he said his car keys and phone in one hand.

"Yep", I got out of my seat and walked out of the school with Niall by my side. 

Whenever I hung out with Niall I felt so much cooler than I actually was. Niall was practically friends with everyone and he always introducing me to the people that he would stop and talk with. I loved how sociable he was and that whenever he was done talking to someone they had a smile on their face. Niall was a popular guy but he wasn't a dick like most of the other guys or the people he was friends with.

"Where to today, Princess Daisy?", Niall asked and  blushed.

"Wherever I really don't care."

I didn't want to seem to affected my Niall's words and I didn't want them to affect me. Harry was technically my boyfriend and I didn't want to feel anything towards Niall that would make me like harry any less. I liked Niall a lot before the rumor but things had changed since then. Niall didn't even seem interested in me anymore like he was. He is just a friend to me now and I don't want to convince myself that there is anything more to this.

"Well, I've been craving Burger King recently, do you like burger king?", he asked.

"Of course."

"Perfect", he said and we started driving in the direction of the closest Burger King. I liked talking to Niall a lot more through text than I did in person. When we were together it seemed like all of our conversations were forced and when we texted it was so fun and casual. It could be that we just had to warm up to each other again.

"So, are you gonna miss me when I go off the college", he asked.

"Hell yes, you are pretty much my only friend now", I said and immediately starting to get anxious about the upcoming school year where I would have not even a friend to drive me to lunch. I knew I would survive without him but just the idea of it worried me. 

"Well I'll be back all the time", he said," So you don't have to worry. I could never stay away from you for too long."

"I know, but you better still text me", I said," Or will you be too cool to text a junior in high school."

"Way too cool, daisy. You know once you get in college they tell you you can't text lame junior girls", he says sarcastically and we both laughed.

"That would be so sad if you just stopped texting me, I'd be so upset", I said as we arrived and walked inside of the Burger King. It wasn't very busy which surprised me because it was the high school lunch time and there is usually more teenagers here. I told Niall what i wanted and he ordered the food while I sat down at a booth near a window seat.