ten

"How can we just pretend, Rose?", I yelled in the lunchroom a little angry. I didn't understand how I could just pretend everything that happened with Harry didn't happen. It made me worry I couldn't trust him so it would be a thought always in the back of my mind.

I wanted to try and pretend with Harry, I really did but my trust issues got the best of me. I really liked him at one point. But how could I like him when I thought I knew him one day and the next he acts completely different. 

"Why can't you though, Daisy? Its just one mistake", Rose said trying to convince me to give him another. She had a good point in the fact that it was just one mistake that he made but it wasn't just the fact that he was me. He cheated on his fiance with me and how was I suppose to forgive that. He was going to leave her anyway but it still showed that he wasn't loyal.

"I don't know."

"You like Niall, huh?"

"Yeah", i said smiling and my cheeks turning a light shade of pink at thought of Niall," He's taking me out on a date tonight."

"What?", she exclaimed," He's popular as fuck and he likes you and.. Oh my god, this is so exciting."

It is exciting because he is nice to me and I like him not because hes popular. rose was, and always had been, concerned with status, popularity, and who liked her. He had a lot of things going for him but those weren't really things that concerned me. Niall would have never noticed me if it wasn't for the way I dressed yesterday but he didn't make everything about looks so I would give him a chance.

"Well yeah it should be fun", I said with a smile and the bell rang queuing that it was time for my classes.

Niall: You look cute today.

Niall: Well you look cute everyday but I just wanted to tell you you looked cute.

Daisy: Thanks

"See?", I said walking next to rose showing her the texts," He is so nice to me, I look homeless compared to the way I looked yesterday. Harry was only ever sexual and trying to teach me lessons about everything."

"Maybe you need that though an older guy to show you the ropes", Rose was very stuck on me giving harry a chance. Every girl would kill for a chance with Harry but I had been given that chance and now I didn't want it. He was beautiful but he wasn't a good person.

"I'm going to class now", I said walking away from Rose and towards my class that was luckily the opposite direction from hers. I hated arguing with Rose because I wasn't very argumentative. I never knew what to say. She always won which gave her power over me so I didn't even try anymore or even give her the chance to argue me.

As I got to class I really started thinking about what I wanted with harry. I don't even think I could answer that question for myself. I want a lot of things and I'm sure of them, but when it comes to Harry my thoughts are a jumbled mess. I was so confused. Was I overreacting? Harry has never done me wrong before. Why would he do me wrong purposefully?

I always compared Niall and Harry and the two really had nothing in common. Niall and Harry might have gone to school together since he is from around here. Harry was dark and dominant and Niall wasn't that I knew of. When i compared them I realized how little I actually knew about Niall. I just met him but I knew and loved more about someone I "hate" than someone I "like".

----------

"Beautiful as always", Niall said as I opened the door for him. I was wearing all black, a normal for me and I didn't know why he complimented me. I looked just like a did at school except now I was a lot more tired. But it was a kind gesture non the less. If really meant the compliment he gave me it showed that he really did like me

"Thanks", I said a blush forming on my cheeks," Where are we going?"

"I'm taking you back to my dungeon and locking you up there", he said and we both laughed a little even though this comment reminded me of something harry would say," Just kidding do you like ice cream?"

"Of course."

"Perfect  know this place its kind of far but its the best ice cream ever", he said with a bright white smile.

"So are you going to tell me who the creep is so I can beat his ass", he said after some small talk about school and our home lives. It made my heart skip a beat with anxiety because he brought up Harry as "the creep".

"I dont know."

"Is he still bothering you?"

"Yeah."

"Well then tell me", he demanded," No one should be bothering you like that."

"I can handle it I promise", I tried to reassure him but he shook his head.

"I know you can but does this guy bother you on a daily basis?"

"Sometimes, it really just depends on if hes bored or not or if I've said anything to him. Its really not that much of a problem."

"Yeah it is."

"Why do you care so much anyway?", he pulled into the parking lot of a small ice cream place titled "Cali's Ice Cream".

"Because since we meet and you told me about this I feel like I need to protect you and your innocence. If he is such a creepy guy he doesn't want to love you the way I do", he said and he got out of the car not giving me a second to even respond. I met him in front of the car and he held my hand.

The inside of Cali's was just as cold as I expected it to be. I shivered at the change in temperature it was warming up a lot outside so this was a change. As soon as Niall noticed me shiver he wrapped an arm around me and smiled. He leaned down and kissed my forehead making me feel loved.

The rest of the date went fine which surprised me with how our conversation went in the car. Niall had the ability to make me laugh whenever which Harry never even tried to do and I loved. Niall was funny, playful, and flirtatious in the nicest way while Harry did is so cruelly.

It was only Niall and I in the shop so I immediately looked up when i heard the door open and close.

"Oh my god", I whispered and Niall turned around to look with me.

"Its just Mr. Styles", he said confused,"Whats your problem with him?"

"Nothing, nothing. I don't have a problem with him", I said and Niall squinted at me like he didn't believe me.

"I'm confused", Niall said and went back to spooning the ice cream in his mouth, soon after his eyes widened in realization and he practically shouted," Is he the creep?"

"Shhh", I said putting my hand up against his mouth. I looked over at harry and he was looking over now. Him and I made eye contact and he smirked.

"Oh my god", he whispered," Really?"

"Yeah hes the creep, I guess be quiet."

"Lets go", he said and both of us stood up to throw away our things hand in hand. Harry stared us down, just as I had expected and it made me nervous. I hated this kind of attention especially from Harry. I felt like he wanted to strip me down every time he stared at me for more than five seconds.

"Wait, Daisy", i heard Harry's voice say as we were about to walk out the door.