Death

All Characters belong to RR & MW

Percy POV

Screams were heard from the top of the hill. It's been 14 years since Annabeth's death and the rest of them. I've come to terms with it, but still have a few nightmares. Luckily I have the avengers and hunters with me every step of the way. The Olympians just don't know what to do except a few of them, but it's fine.

I ran up the hill forgetting I could vapor travel. Really annoying getting old, you forget stuff... even though I'm like only 30, but that's old for demigods. When I reached the top there were a mass of monsters chasing a young girl. She was about 7 with long wavy raven black hair.

No time to loose I immediately vapor traveled in front of her. I've only heard of this many monsters chasing a single demigod, and that was for Thalia. The child must be one of the big three's.

"Go!" I told her pointing to the Big House. "See that? Run there and call for Chiron and explain what happened. I'll catch up."

She nodded and ran faster than before.

"So?" I said taking out Riptide. "Picking on people smaller than you is cowardly. You know that right?"

Enraged that I was insulting them and their prey was getting away they roared and charged after me. I dodged and sliced and stabbed. Most of them were gone when reinforcements showed up. Chiron trotted to the top of the hill with the girl on his back.

She saw me and pointed at me. Our eyes connected. Sea green, with the ocean storming in them. Another child of Poseidon, awesome I have a sister. Suddenly she ran at me. No, I can't have her dying on me already. I blocked and delivered a fatal hit to the monster I was dueling.

I saw a dracaena sneaking up on her with a spear. The girl didn't notice, her focus intently on me. I called out a warning, her eyes widened and she turned just in time to see the spear come down.

Time slowed, I broke apart my molecules and reappeared in front of her. The spear entered my chest piercing my heart. I heard her gasp behind me. I fell to my knees. The snake women looked astounded on who her spear was piercing.

I uncapped my pen as Riptide stabbed her right in the stomach turning her to dust. Everyone screamed. The people around me slowed and I solely focused on my new sister as I faded away.

"This is not your fault." I whispered grasping her wrist looking straight into her eyes with my bloody hand.

"It is my time to die, so do not blame yourself sister." I whispered as my voice started fading. She was crying. I wiped her tears away leaving stains on her beautiful face.

"Thank you for giving me the honor of dying a hero and for my sister. Be a hero." My words barely audible. She nodded tearfully. Chiron was above me crying with the rest of the gods.

My last thought before Thanatos took me into his arms was;

Here I come Annabeth.

Tell me what you think...

Fin
August 4, 2015