Scarred for Life

All Characters belong to RR & MW

Steve POV

I fled out of Percy's room after he screamed at me to leave. I didn't know what to do after what I witnessed. I decided not to alert the team. He wouldn't want anyone to know based on his reaction. I tried to forget, I really did, but I couldn't get the image of his scarred body out of my mind. To think I only saw what I could make out in a glance and the lighting of the room was dark.

I walked to med bed after pacing in my room for a few hours going over what just happened in my mind. I fell asleep anticipating what was to come the next day when Bruce gave Percy a health exam. I fell asleep instantly, but I still woke up early around 5. I sighed tiredly, once a soldier, always a soldier. I got up for my daily run, but when I entered the kitchen I was met with the odd sight of Percy taking a bite of a green apple making a face at the bitter taste.

"Hey." Percy jumped, startled when he didn't hear me enter.

"Hi." He didn't speak of what happened last night.

"Why are you up this early?"

"Been up since 3." I was shocked, and I thought 5 was early.

"Why?" Trying to keep the curiosity out of my voice.

"Nightmares." Oh yeah, I wonder if he threw up like he said he would.

"Why are you eating 2 hours after you got up?"

"Couldn't eat before, threw up. Hung out at the pool for the rest of the time before I heard you." That made sense, but what did he throw up? He didn't eat anything. I left it at that. Silence filled up the space in the room.

"Want to come on my daily run with me?"

I don't know why I offered, but everyone else got up around 8. That's in a while, he would be bored for awhile. He looked surprised, but quickly hid it, like our two master spies. He's able to hide his emotions quickly, or not have them at all.

"Sure, why not?" He replied.

"I'm going to run my normal pace which I have a feeling you can outrun based on your strength from yesterday." I told him. He smirked at me.

"That's a good thing to assume." I grinned back.

He left to change and I went to do the same. When we both were ready I told him the course. Since he was raised in New York he knew the way. I started the watch, and we went on our way.

***Line Break***

Bruce POV

It was around 9 when Percy and Steve came back. Steve was oddly soaked in sweat and Percy looks like he was just getting warmed up. The rest of the team was up and they ate, but we're just finishing. Steve and Percy walked into the kitchen and each grabbed a bottle of water. Steve leaned against the counter catching his breath.

"Go-good run P-percy" he stumbled trying to catch his breath. Percy grinned.

"Yeah, 13 miles? No biggie." He said.

"Yeah, I usually do 7, but 6 mores fine."

After he said that he collapsed on the floor eagle spread. Percy looked at him before bursting out laughing. Not a fake laugh, not a small chuckle, but a full out laugh with emotions and an enjoyable one. The team stared at Percy before joining in his laughing. Soon everyone including Percy was rolling on the floor holding their stomachs.

It was nice, good mood this morning and Steve somehow managed to get the emotionless teenager laughing and talking a bit more. Natasha and Clint were laughing as well, even our big headed billionaire. Thor was booming with laughter. I joined in as well. The laughing boost our spirits up. Too bad it had to end soon.