Chapter 5

Hey guys!

Hope your summer is great!

_________________________________________________________________

~Katherine's Pov~

(On the road)

"So you guys have been hunting for how long now?" I questioned.

"What are we going to do 20 questions now?" Dean questioned as he held some sort of serious tone.

"Sure why not?"

"Okay fine then. We were little. Our dad was a hunter and we were practically raised into this life." Dean seemed distraught about it.

I could feel how his mood changes drastically.

"By the sound of it, it seems as if life hasn't been fun. I hear you, been there too. But it also sounds as if your dad isn't around anymore so I presume he is dead." My mouth just ran-off.

Dean didn't answer at first but eventually he nods. "A few years back. You say life isn't fair for you too. How so?"

"Mom was killed right after I was born. I was only a few days old apparently. I was raised with her friend, Dad was nowhere to be found. He was probably dead too. Grew up in Italy, fell for some guy, left home on my 18th birthday. Traveled around for a bit and when I turned 21 I never looked back at my old life. I struggled to survive, many close calls. Lot of deaths around me." I was staring out the window while holding onto the same necklace that belonged to my mother.

"Why did you run from home at 18?" Sam questioned.

"I believe its my turn to ask a question Sammy dear." He nodded his head signaling for me to go ahead. " So your Dad was a hunter, what ever happened to your mother?"

"She died in a fire when we were little. It was a Demon's fault" Sam said sadly.

I nodded my head and I answered his question.

"I'm part wolf like I mention yesterday to you guys. So back in my day when a girl was 18 she would shift into a wolf. Males at 16. I shifted and not knowing about my vampire side I lost control. You can guess what happen next." I sighed. " How often to you go and visit Bobby?"

"Whenever we have a chance." Dean responded. " How are you a hybrid and what did you mean back in your day? How old are you exactly?"

I ignored the fact that he asked me 3 questions and just answered.

"Truth be told being a hybrid is still a mystery to me. Vampires can't age or reproduce so who knows how I happened. And hasn't anyone ever told you never to ask a lady how old they are" I smirked at him.

He seem amused by my last comment and I heard him whisper "Damn"

"How much longer till we get there?" I asked after a couple of minutes.

"Probably 12 hours, so ill get comfortable back there sweetheart" Ugh can Dean stop calling me that. Dickhead.

"So what's your full name Katherine?" Sam questioned.

"Katarina Eleanora Veronesi" I said in a heartbeat.

"That's a mouthful" Sam stated with wide eyes.

I laughed at that. "You got that right. Just call me Katherine. It fits this time period."

"Or Kat!" Dean added.

"Sure Dean" I continued laughing until they all chuckled.

Soon the car resumed to a comfortable silence.