Prologue

Unknown POV

~10th century, Italy~

Time is running out.

Thump..thump...thump

Certainly there are 4 men following behind. But I shall not attack, I can't. I'm already too weak.

But they can't find her, she would be slaughtered on the spot.

Running as fast as my legs can take me while carrying my newborn in my arms, keeping her close to my chest for warmth and security. I can hear them fast approaching, probably by using their sense of smell. I must hurry.

I can sense a small cottage up ahead, if I can make it then maybe she can survive.

Suddenly I hear a crunch behind me. My eyes go wide. They are on my tail. I continue running but then I am suddenly pushed to the side and I begin to fall. I cradle my baby close to me as I fall down a steep hill. My body is being tackled by rocks and trees, I feel bones breaking and blood everywhere and by the time I reach the bottom I land on my legs and instantly I am swarmed with so much unbearable pain. I feel my eyes shift into a crimson red and dulling by the minute. Im not gonna make it but she must.

I shift my eyes to my beautiful baby girl.

"Katarina Eleanora Veronesi, amore mio , you are gifted my child, and the world isn't safe but you shall live it and find happiness." I reach for my neck and unclasp my amulet and put it on my daughter's neck. " A gift upon my departing. It shall protect you always."

I was crying now and saw how Katarina began to stir in my arms.

I close my eyes and enjoy my last moments with my daughters.

A scent filled my nose and I opened my eyes and stare into the eyes of a black wolf.

" Please I beg of you, take her, watch her, and keep her safe." The wolf nodded its head and walked towards me and lifted my daughter by the blankets that wrapped around her body.

"You must hurry. Take her. It's too late for me." I look at my lower half and know that my legs are shattered from the fall. "I'll hold them off." Suddenly I hear shouting from above.

I see the black wolf carry my daughter away. Tears stain my face as I begin to shift. The men circled me now and I felt my eyes change into a dull crimson red as I felt the last of my power being unleash.

" You shall never have her!" I screamed as the men caught fire and thrashed around. Soon three men fall dead to the ground. I began to cough violently until I felt a hand go through my chest. I look down seeing my heart before it's ripped out of my chest and I'm engulfed in darkness.

THIRD PERSON POV.

The man with the heart in his hand smirked as he saw the beautiful traitor fall to the floor dead. His eyes shifted black as he shifted and began to tear her limb from limb enjoying every bit of it as he tore into her flesh. Soon there was nothing left of the beautiful woman. The man growled as he now had nothing else to tear into. He soon return to normal.

"The piece of shit found her escape. Fucking bitch!" He roared as he punched a nearby tree.

The plan has failed. He may never find her again.

IN THE DISTANCE

The black wolf who was hundreds of miles away from the scene finally stopped in front of a run-down house. Upon entering the wolf placed the infant on the floor gently and it began to shift.

Now there laid a woman with a sad smile on her face. She grabbed the child and cradled her in her arm.

The child must not know of her true nature until her right time. Her destiny has already been defined by the fates and she shall bring about a war.

The infant soon began to cry out as if sensing what has happen.

I shall protect you, the black wolf promise.

__________________________________________________

HELLO MY LOVELY READERS!

I've been working hard on this story so far and I just hope you enjoy it. Thank you for reading.