🌼(22)🌼

NEVEAH'S POV

"Don't ever leave me. Promise me when things get tough and you can no longer find the strength to hold on - don't ever leave me. Because I love you. I am in love with you. I know I mess up quite a lot but I'm not perfect. You are the only thing I need my life, you are my air, you keep me alive and sane. So if you ever leave me, not only will you be taking away my sanity but my heart. My everything."

I shake my head, trying to forget that beautiful memory Reece and I shared.

I remember when he wrote that, it was the beginning of his career, he wasn't big or anything but Stereo Kicks were acknowledged enough to the point where I had felt I lost him in the world of city lights and fame.

He had missed my birthday because of a gig he had to attend and he promised me that he'd walk in straight through the wooden doors, with a huge smile on his face which would've made my heart melt every single time.

But he didn't come.

I was beyond crushed. You might think it's something stupid to fret over ,but that was the moment I knew that things were going to change. That was when realisation hit me that he's going to have to put his music, his career ahead of our relationship.

The moment when he couldn't attend a day that was special to me, was the moment when I started to lose him.

So he wrote me the most heart warming poem that's ever been dedicated to me. He told me that was his apology letter for not showing and also my birthday present.

I was fine with that and immediately all my doubts and terrible thoughts about us began to vanish.

Which is why it surprises me that I do not feel the same now, I do not have the sudden urge to forgive him and go rushing back to him. Instead I throw the poem he wrote and shove it in the bin with no regrets. I'm done with him no matter how much sorrow my heart feels I must follow my head.

You see, the heart fills you with false hope and high expectation and you believe it because it's easier to accept how you feel than to ignore them.

That's when the problem begins.

Once you start allowing your heart to decide how you should go about with things, is when you go down hill.

So I will listen to my head, my mind that fills me with reality and the cold hard truth.

"Neveah, I spoke to Charlotte and she said she'd be delighted to have you stay at her's," Delia informed me with a small smile and she handed me the plane tickets which she already booked.

"Wow thank you, I didn't expect you to get this done so soon. It means a lot and does my father know about me?...leaving?" I asked, feeling guilty for leaving so sudden without consulting my father.

Delia nodded, "It took a lot of convincing but he also agrees that it's good for you to get away, he knows Charly quite well so he is okay with you staying with her," She sipped her tea while explaining the other relevant pieces of information I need.

Like: who Charlotte is (Delia told me to call her Charly), how they met, how long I can stay for...etc

"Your flight it at 10pm so you have 6 hours, that should be enough time to pack and say goodbye to everyone?"