Chapter 14

** Kathy's P.O.V. **

I woke up with the happy idea that today was Friday and that this whole weekend I was going to be at Sam's for his party and sleepover. I got up and went to my closet to choose my clothes. I decided to go with a Black Veil Brides shirt, a leather skirt and my light blue vans. I went to the bathroom and took off my bracelets to see how my scars were. I noticed that a lot of them were healing pretty fast. However the ones that I just did yesterday were still pretty red. I shook my head in disappointment and placed the bracelets back to their place. I got all the stuff I needed for school and the weekend and left the house.

I got out my IPod and clicked the same old shuffle button. "One Step Closer" by Linkin Park start to fill the empty space and I smiled and casually sang along to it. As usual I took out a cigarette and started smoking. After I finished my cigarette and a few songs I saw a car slow down right next to me.At first I tried to pretend that the car wasn't there and to keep looking forward. However I noticed that the car window was going done. I turned my head so I could see who it was. In my surprise it was Luke, and I felt a smile reach my face.

"Hey princess, do you want a ride to school?" He asked me with a huge smile, showing with white teeth.

"Sure, but shouldn't I be waiting for my prince to come by and pick me up?" I teased him.

"I'm your prince my lady. Come inside so I can rescue you from the dangers of the world." He told softly with a smile. I couldn't help but blush.

"Fine" I answered and entered inside. Luke smiled at me and raised the volume of the music. "Bring Me To Life" by Evanescence started to play. Halfway into the song we were both singing along. After the song finished Luke took out a pack of cigarettes and started smoking one. Then he handed the pack to me as if he was offering one. I gladly took it and started smoking also.

"So why do you smoke?" Luke asked. The truth? Smoking helped me with my feelings and if I felt like cutting but I didn't want to or just couldn't I would smoke. At first it was to make me stop the cutting. It worked for a bit, but then I just fell right back in. Since then I just did both.

"Uh, to relax or to keep thoughts out of my mind. I know it's not the best thing to do, but there were worse options I could have chosen right now than to smoke." I said taking a puff. He looked at me a bit concerned but as soon as he was going to ask some questions about what I had just said, I interrupted him. "You instead?"

"At first it was to relax. Then it just kinda became a habit. You ready for the party and sleepover?" He said as he kept paying attention to the road. I nodded.

"Yup. I don't really know what to expect from Sam but hey, there is a party and I get to sleep there. Sounds good to me." I said as I shrug my shoulders.

"Don't worry, it's going to be a lot of fun. I know Sam, he likes to making the parties pretty big and crazy at the same time. The only thing I know is that it's not going to be boring." He smiled and placed a hand on my thigh. My cheeks instantly started to burn and I tried to cover my face with my hair. I hadn't noticed but we already arrived to school. I didn't want to bring all my stuff with me since they would just take over my locker and they weigh a lot. Maybe I leave my stuff here in Luke's car?

"Hey Luke. Can I leave my sleepover shit in your car since I don't really want to put them in my locker since it will occupy a lot of space and you are anyway going to Sam's later?" I asked him.

"Of course Kathy." He said, smiled and opened the door to get out. As I got out of the car also I looked around and saw Oli. He was wearing long, black skinny jeans and a black hoody covering most of his face. He raised his head and as soon as he saw me he immediately started to look back to the floor and continued walking.