Chapter 8

**Zahara’s P.O.V.**

**Monday Morning**

I woke up and slipped instantly into the shower, and when I stepped out i noticed it was only seven… still had two hours. I rubbed my face in my hands, deciding to let Kathy sleep. I stepped out of my room, noting mentally that the boys were still there, and headed downstairs, noting that my parents were still gone.

“Fucking bastards… it’s all their fault I’m the way I am.” I hissed quietly before opening a cupboard and pulling down a small tin box. I carefully opened it, pulling out a joint and putting it back. I pulled a lighter out from a counter draw and light the joint before placing the lighter in, closing the draw with my hip and taking a deep breath in. My eyes fluttered shut and my hand rested by my side as I leaned on the counter, my hair swooping in front of my face. I opened my eyes and stood up, heading down into my basement and turning on (quietly of course) In This Moment, their song Scarlet drifting out of the speakers. I grabbed my electric guitar and pulled the strap over my head, resting it on my shoulder as i grabbed my guitar pick. I sat down on my beanbag and put the joint between my lips before closing my eyes. My fingers moved as I matched notes with the music and i bobbed my head slightly, glad my app wasn’t plugged in.

“You’re awake.” It was quiet, and i would’ve missed had I of been deep into my music. I opened my eyes and looked over at the doorway, hands coming to a standstill. Sam.

“Give me some.” He said after a moment of silence, and he walked forward, crouching beside me and gingerly grabbing the joint. I let it go, opening my mouth just the slightest, and he pulled it out, his gaze lingering on my lips for a moment before he stood, putting the joint between his lips. I watched for a moment longer before closing my eyes, my face turning towards my guitar and I started playing again.

“You know, there’s still several hours till you usually wake up.” My hands came to a stand still again, I opened my eyes but I didn’t look at him, choosing instead to stare at the ground.

“No… this is when i usually get up.” I said softly, and he pulled a large bean bag to the spot across me, plopping down in it and staring at me.

“Why so early?” He asked, the joint resting between his fingers as he stared at me. His gaze was burning holes into my face, and I swallowed, staring at his neck instead of his face.

“I just… usually do.” My voice was even softer, and he stood, stopping the music. I glared up at him, fingers turning white as i gripped the neck of my guitar and my pick.

“Is there something you’re not telling us?” He asked, walking back and sitting in front of me, choosing to sit on the ground instead of the bean bag he had pulled over.

“Like what? What do I have to hide from you?” I asked, my voice steely. He let out a soft sigh, reaching forward and brushing some stray strands of hair out of my face. His knuckles brushing against my pale skin.

“Everyone has something to hide. It’s human nature.” He said, and I stood up, forcing him to sit back.

“Stop it Sam, i don’t know what you think you’re going to achieve, but you’re not going to achieve anything but the cold shoulder.” I said, my cotton candy hair falling into my face again. I put my pick towards the top of my neck, sticking it between the strings and the board.

“Zahara i’m asking cause it seems you’re not getting enough sleep. We didn’t go to sleep till late last night, and you got up early this morning! You shouldn’t be doing that.” He hissed quietly, and I brushed hair out of my face, hands resting by my side.