Oh Well

I woke up in a happy mood, excited to get up and to sign up for my classes for next year. I had gotten out of the infirmary the day after the accident, and I had my O.W.L. scores delivered to me. I passed them all of course, with top marks, so I had total freedom to sign up for any classes that I'd like. I sat up in my bed and rolled over to look at the clock, seeing that it was nearly eight in the morning and that breakfast would be served soon. Practice was cancelled for the day; Oliver figured that we all deserved a nice day off to just unwind and catch up on some rest. I jumped out of bed, seeing that Katie had already left, and walked over to my trunk, grabbing a Puddlemere jumper and some leggings to wear. I slipped the outfit on and put on my chacos as well, before brushing my teeth, brushing my hair, and putting on some makeup. When I was finished, I walked leisurely down the steps to the common room, where the twins were waiting for me. 

"Morning," I chirped, walking up to them. 

"You're so chipper, I don't think that's fair at all," George groaned. 

"What's got you so happy this morning?" I asked, sarcastically. 

"Angelina and  I had a fight," George answered. 

"Oh, I'm so sorry," I said, wrapping my arm around him as we walked out of the common room. he shrugged and I let go of him as we walked down the staircase that led to the ground floor. 

"Hey, you lot, wait up!" Oliver yelled as he picked up the pace to catch up to us. We all stopped and waited for him to catch up, Oliver and I walking next to each other with the twins in front of us. 

"Let me see you hand," Oliver said suddenly. I looked over at him confused and raised up my right hand for him to see. He grabbed it, inspecting it. 

"You're wearing the ring I gave you again," he said, smiling a bit. I blushed, he was right. When we had broken up, I had stopped wearing the ring and had thrown it in the very bottom of my trunk, but I had decided to wear it today. 

"Indeed," I said in a fake posh voice as we walked into McGonagoll's office, where we would sign up for our classes. 

"Good morning, Professor," I chirped, smiling at her. She smiled as well.

"Good morning, Ms. Smallwood. Since you're so eager, why don't we sign you up first?" She asked, writing my name down on a piece of parchment. 

"Okay, I'll be taking Transfiguration, Potions, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Herbology, Astronomy, Charms, History of Magic, Ancient Runes, Care of Magical Creatures, Muggle Studies, Alchemy, and Apparition," I said, counting each class on my fingers as she wrote them down. 

"Okay, that's all. Have a nice day," she said, not looking up from her parchment. I walked over to the door and stood there, waiting for everyone else to finish up their course sign up. After a few minutes, Oliver walked over, as the twins had gotten distracted by Katie and Angelina, respectively.

"Hey," he said, opening the door up for me. I smiled as I walked through the door. 

"Hey," I answered as we started walking to the Great Hall. 

"Any plans for today?" He asked as we walked through the entrance of the Great Hall. I shook my head. 

"Nothing. How about you?" I asked as we began to walk to our spots at the Gryffindor table. 

"Nothing. Would you like to go hang out on the pitch or something?" He asked as we sat down. 

"Sure, sounds good," I answered, grabbing a piece of toast and taking a few bites of it. 

"Have you heard anything more from any of your scouts?" Oliver asked, taking bites of his food as well. 

"No, I haven't. Have you?" I asked, slightly worried. He shook his head, and I breathed out a sigh of relief.