First Impressions Are Always Important

Tomoko was humming a small tune as she gathered the freshly baked brownies that she just made into a plastic container. During the week, the class instructor had droned on about all of the safety precautions and methods of cooking, and today they were finally able to make something.

The sweets would have finished earlier if she didn't accidentally put in salt instead of sugar, however, so starting over with a new batter took away some time.

"Okuma-san, you haven't left yet? The bell rang already," the foods instructor called from behind her desk.

"I'm almost done, Hanase-sensei! I just need to put these pans away," Tomoko replied, waving said metal pans in the air. One came down and clunked her on the head. "Ow..."

The teacher chuckled, "Alright. I just don't want you to be late for your other activities."

That's right, I have basketball right after this! How can I forget about the time! She quickly gathered everything up and made sure the oven and cooking equipment were properly closed and put away, then she saluted the teacher and sprinted out the door. Riko-san is probably expecting me to be at practice already.

As she flew past the long corridors of the hall, she glanced out the many identical windows down at the courtyard and saw the sports teams already warming up for their prospective sports. An event from earlier this week surfaced in her mind and she couldn't help but let out a small giggle. The Seirin basketball coach had all of the players gathered on top of the roof in the morning to declare their goals for playing basketball, and if they fail, the consequence was dire.

They have to confess to the girl they like, naked.

Almost every player went, but the principal came and stopped Kuroko before he could say his. She already knew what his goal was, though, and despite not being able to verbalize it, he came up with a creative way to show their coach. The message was scrawled across the dirt courtyard.

"We will be the best in Japan."

Tomoko vowed to help out on that as well as the promise to bring Kuroko's teammates back. After all, basketball is only fun when you truly enjoy it.

It shouldn't be too hard, right?

.

two

first impressions are always important

.

Upon arriving to the gymnasium, Tomoko found the first-years and regulars practicing shooting hoops.

As usual, Kagami dunked each ball with insane force and energy.

"Hey Kodamei-kun!" Tomoko called as she walked up to the cat-like small forward of the team who was taking a short break, not realizing that she'd called him by the wrong name. "What's everyone up to?"

"Eh, Okuma-chan, my name is Koganei~" the male was hurt with tears streaming down his face.

"A-ah, I'm sorry," she apologized sheepishly. Having to remember all of the basketball player's name proved to be somewhat harder than she thought, especially since she didn't have any classes with the second-years. "Koga-kun then!"

But Koganei recovered quite quickly upon the cute caramel haired girl's apology. The cat-like expression was back on his face as he peered into the container Tomoko was holding in her hands. It gave off a heavenly scent of baked goods, and his mouth started to water. "What's in that container?!"

"Oh, this? It's the brownies I baked in foods class. I was going to share it with the basketball team."

"...Really?!"